Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIDE-rated blitz tournament - how to proceed?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if their was a duration period on the half price for rating fees for quick events. I don't think so. I still submit my quick events at $1.50 plus tax.

While there is no actual mechanism for doing it, blitz events rating point gains and losses were supposed to be cut in half. This could be done manually by the rating administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I'm not sure if their was a duration period on the half price for rating fees for quick events. I don't think so.
    The approved motion:

That CFC combine the current “ Active “ and “ Blitz “ Rating Systems, and expand them
    into one system called a “ Quick Chess “ Rating System, on the following terms:

1. it will accept " quick chess " tournaments with time control from Game/5 ( with
    increments Game/3 with 2 sec. increment ) to Game/59. Games 15-59 min. will
    be the regular K factor ( 2200+ - 16; U 2200 - 32 ), while those 5-14 min. will be
    one-half K factor ( 2200+ - 8; U 2200 – 16 ).

2. Prior to establishing the new “ Quick “ rating, all “ Active “ ratings that are more
    than 100 points below the “ regular “ rating will be revised to CFC regular - 100.
    The CFC “ quick “ rating will be the maximum of the CFC Rating (if any games
    played since 2006/01/01) and the CFC “ active “ (if any games played since 2006/
    01/01).

3. Players must be CFC members. Alternatively, a modified tournament playing
    fee will suffice: the CFC portion of the quick chess tournament playing fee is the
    normal CFC portion of the tournament playing fee reduced from $16 to $8 (adult)
    and from $8 to $4 (junior); added to this will be the applicable provincial dues.
    The price for the “ quick chess “ tournament playing fee will be reviewed by the
    executive after 6 months.

4. The " quick chess tournament " rating fee will be 50% of the normal rating fee.

5. The current practice of all-junior tournaments of less than 1 hour not requiring
    any CFC membership or tournament playing fee, and being rated for $ . 50 per
    player, will continue as an exception in the system.

Voting:
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...-Motion-2012-P
    (a link might be only for Governors)
    or GLs: http://www.chess.ca/sites/default/fi...012_GL%233.pdf
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    5) Any other details that we should know about?
    Are there a minimum number of rated players (or to play a certain number of games of against rated players) required to get other players FIDE blitz rated?
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I am not sure of the rules as there is nothing obvious on the FIDE site
    This document probably the most important. http://www.fide.com/component/conten...ing-lists.html
    Strange that after 3 years nothing more decent was not placed in the Handbook.
    .*-1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12