Thumbs up Voting Member 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ilia Bluvshtein View Post
    I would like to nominate the following candidates:

Brett Campbell - Treasurer,
    Patrick McDonald - Youth Coordinator,
    Egidijus Zeromskis - Secretary.
    I agree with these nominations

I accept the nomination and have a program in mind...

Please support the proposed reorg and vote for my candidacy.

Thanks,
    Ilia Bluvshtein
    Thumbs up!

I accept the nomination for OCA Treasurer for the 2014-2015 year. Thanks for nominating me, Ilia.

Thank you, I accept the nomination ...
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald
    International Arbiter
    International Organizer

Blog Entries

Ilia,

Two things to consider with your reorg proposal. This was actually considered in very similar form 4-5 years ago.

#1. What if none of the league reps want to do the job of the Treasurer? (Typically the most-skilled position and hardest to fill) Or one of the other jobs?
    #2. Sure it's probably okay for the rest of the executive but there may be legal issues with not having a President (well, technically Chairperson) who is elected at the AGM by all Governors. You'll want to make sure the final proposal fits both existing law as well as the proposed new non-profit corporation law for Ontario to avoid needing to change it again later.

IMHO the only issue the current structure had in the past year was due to a) lack of a secretary and b) lack of someone willing to be President who has the time to do the job justice.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Ilia,

Two things to consider with your reorg proposal. This was actually considered in very similar form 4-5 years ago.

#1. What if none of the league reps want to do the job of the Treasurer? (Typically the most-skilled position and hardest to fill) Or one of the other jobs?
    #2. Sure it's probably okay for the rest of the executive but there may be legal issues with not having a President (well, technically Chairperson) who is elected at the AGM by all Governors. You'll want to make sure the final proposal fits both existing law as well as the proposed new non-profit corporation law for Ontario to avoid needing to change it again later.

IMHO the only issue the current structure had in the past year was due to a) lack of a secretary and b) lack of someone willing to be President who has the time to do the job justice.
    Both questions are good but not relevant to the proposed reorg. The main ideas of the reorg: a). Make OCA Executive of people interested in the OCA affairs by the virtue of the delegation process and b). The delegation process from the leagues will provide a natural leverage to influence on OCA (by leagues) if something goes wrong on the OCA level.

Blog Entries

Both questions are good but not relevant to the proposed reorg. The main ideas of the reorg: a). Make OCA Executive of people interested in the OCA affairs by the virtue of the delegation process and b). The delegation process from the leagues will provide a natural leverage to influence on OCA (by leagues) if something goes wrong on the OCA level.
    ... did you just say that whether or not your plan is legal is not a relevant question?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

... did you just say that whether or not your plan is legal is not a relevant question?
    If I understand your question correct...

Current OCA Executives shall be elected based on current OCA constitution. My plan will be be legal after corresponding change of the OCA constitution.

Blog Entries

If I understand your question correct...

Current OCA Executives shall be elected based on current OCA constitution. My plan will be be legal after corresponding change of the OCA constitution.
    No, my question was: is your plan legal, both under the current Ontario NFP law as well as the proposed new law?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

No, my question was: is your plan legal, both under the current Ontario NFP law as well as the proposed new law?
    My plan is legal under the current Ontario NFP law. I have no opinion regarding the proposed law but we do need to apply the proposed law as discussed in another place here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast