Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for Positions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Okay, so step 1, selecting our Governors, is almost complete.

I have sent the CFC members stats (breakdown by league) to league representatives and OCA President Mallon. We should get the official governor allocation by league shortly. I suspect SWOCL will have 5 again?

Anyway, we have at least 3 volunteers:

Patrick McDonald
    Hal Bond
    Garvin Nunes

We currently have two other SWOCL people on the CFC executive.

Vlad Drkulec, CFC President
    Frank Lee, CFC Youth Coordinator

Do we need to leave 2 governor spots open for them?
    No. I get a governor spot for five years even if I am voted out as president and permanently if I can survive a full year. I am hoping that there won't be many changes in the directors this year particularly with the deadlines for WYCC so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    No. I get a governor spot for five years even if I am voted out as president and permanently if I can survive a full year. I am hoping that there won't be many changes in the directors this year particularly with the deadlines for WYCC so close.
    Not correct. Many moons ago, former Presidents were rewarded by becoming Life Governors. That was changed to only 5 years starting with Hal Bond, and I believe you must finish your first term to be eligible.

To restate my question, does a Presidential candidate need to be an incoming governor?
    Maybe for you Vlad it is a mute point, since you will have a complete year under your belt.
    But next question, what about other executive spots?
    Will Frank Lee be serving a second term as Youth Coordinator, if so do we need to leave a governor spot open for him?
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 05-28-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Blog Entries

It was never actually changed, it was 5 years for 1 full term as President, or life for 2 consecutive full terms.

Executives don't have to be Governors but especially for the YC it makes sense as there are always many Youth motions to deal with and you want the YC to have standing to speak for/against a motion and to have a vote.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    SWOCL gets 4 or 5 Governors (see thread in the OCA AGM)

I'm not sure how it works now, in the past Vlad would automatically have been a CFC Governor for 5 years. Vlad can you let us know how this works under the new rules? Do we need to give you a Governor spot for you to run again?

Thanks
    Since we are maintaining the current structure as much as possible I do not need a governor spot in order to run for CFC president again. Fill those spots with people who are engaged in SWOCL and CFC issues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Not correct. Many moons ago, former Presidents were rewarded by becoming Life Governors. That was changed to only 5 years starting with Hal Bond, and I believe you must finish your first term to be eligible.

To restate my question, does a Presidential candidate need to be an incoming governor?
    Maybe for you Vlad it is a mute point, since you will have a complete year under your belt.
    But next question, what about other executive spots?
    Will Frank Lee be serving a second term as Youth Coordinator, if so do we need to leave a governor spot open for him?
    Frank will be serving a second term as Youth Coordinator if he is elected by the incoming governors. We have an incredibly compressed schedule to get ready for WYCC so I hope he is back as the new guy will not have much time to get up to speed. I don't believe that he needs a governors spot. He is in China at the moment with sporadic access to the internet. I believe that the current executive will maintain access to the incoming AGM at least until after the vote.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    It was never actually changed, it was 5 years for 1 full term as President, or life for 2 consecutive full terms.
    That was my understanding, I meant that I would be a life voting member if I last until the end of a second term. Sasha might make that a challenge.

Executives don't have to be Governors but especially for the YC it makes sense as there are always many Youth motions to deal with and you want the YC to have standing to speak for/against a motion and to have a vote.
    He gets a vote if he is elected because members of the directors are also voting members.

Blog Entries

He gets a vote if he is elected because members of the directors are also voting members.
    Actually I see the problem now. Frank Lee should be given one of the voting member slots. I don't need one as I get one automatically if I survive to the end of the outgoing meeting.

Actually I see the problem now. Frank Lee should be given one of the voting member slots. I don't need one as I get one automatically if I survive to the end of the outgoing meeting.
    Yes. So 4 of 5 governors selected so far are:

Patrick McDonald, Hal Bond, Garvin Nunes, Frank Lee.
    SWOCL is allocated 5 Governor spots, so room for one more.

Blog Entries

Lee Hendon if he still wants to be involved?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

I just spoke with Lee Hendon.
    He is still having computer difficulties. He did try posting some stuff, but alas, it no work.
    He is going to email me his reports tonight, and I will then post for him.

He is willing to serve again as SWOCL President, and okay to fill shoes of our 5th Governor spot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast