Thread: President's Report

Blog Entries

Default President's Report

Lee will post here, wait for him to do so before making your own posts please
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Lee Hendon would like to be here,............
    but he has emailed me that he is experiencing technical difficulties with his computer.

President's report.......

Hello All,

I would like to run for president again this year please forgive the lateness
    of my report, I have been having computer difficulties and experienced
    difficulties posting to the forum, so I am emailing Bob to post for me!

Unfortunately the Grand Prix has came to somewhat of a stall again this year
    most likely due to not having a solid schedule the last year and a bit

I think that we should wait until after the KW long weekend chess festival in August
    and start the new SWOCL schedule after which has traditional starts with Guelph
    and continue with the traditional fee of $2 / player and the award of a $100 / section

It would be nice if all TD's could committee to at least 1 or 2 tournaments before the seasons starts
    I know this is not easy as finding space is not as easy as it used to be.

Hal Bond has asked about funding to run a futurity to help players gain Norms. My feeling is that it would be great to run the event in conjunction with the Chess Festival. Hal, could you expanded on this please.

Would also appreciated if anyone with web building skills would suggest some ideas about rebuilding the SWOCL website.

We have also provided some funding for chess clocks to schools in Brantford County Area.

Lee Hendon
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 06-02-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hendon via Bob Gillanders View Post

Hal Bond has asked about funding to run a futurity to help players gain Norms. My feeling is that it would be great to run the event in conjunction with the Chess Festival. Hal, could you expanded on this please.
    Unless you are talking about next year (2015) the juniors chasing norms will be playing in the FIDE junior event that is running during this year's Chess Festival. If you want to give someone like Razvan Preotu an extra norm chance it probably should be some time in the future and not two months from now as the timeline will be overly compressed.

Okay, let's call that it. I will ask Chris to archive the meeting if there are no further posts today.

Thanks everyone.