View Poll Results: I support the special resolution, the articles and previously approved bylaw presente

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 88.00%
  • NO

1 4.00%
  • ABSTAIN

2 8.00%

Thread: 11A "The Voting Booth" Resolution Compliance with new NFP (Not for Profit) Rules

Default 11A "The Voting Booth" Resolution Compliance with new NFP (Not for Profit) Rules

Motion: (Drkulec / Craver) I support the special resolution, the articles and previously approved bylaw presented by the CFC President which allows the executive to apply for a continuation (transition) under the new NFP act and direct and authorize the Executive to make such an application.

Options:

Yes
    No
    Abstain

The motion requires a two thirds majority affirmative vote of the Yes and No votes and a majority of Yes over the sum of the No votes and Abstain votes in order to succeed.

[Note: this motion is equivalent to Step 4: "Getting Members' Approval" in the Industry Canada Transition Guide on the Industry Canada website dealing with NFP transition]

For the benefit of Governors, the full text of the Special Resolution (which includes Schedules A and B) can be found at http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...-Profit)-Rules in the first post in the thread by the President.

(I tried to copy the whole text here but vBulletin stripped out the formatting)

Blog Entries

Lyle, just so you know for future reference, to copy a formatted post you "edit" the original post, and copy what appears in the edit box, and paste into your new post (remember to not actually save any changes to the original).
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter