Thread: Announcement with respect to our executive director Michael von Keitz & CFC office

Blog Entries

Default Announcement with respect to our executive director Michael von Keitz & CFC office

It is with a mixture of regret and pleasure that I announce that Michael von Keitz will be leaving his position as the Executive Director of the Chess Federation of Canada. Michael has made arrangements for a suitable person to subcontract his duties beginning May 31st, 2014 for the balance of his contract with the CFC. Some details remain to be worked out.

I regret that Michael is leaving us but I take pleasure in the fact that Michael has been accepted into a law program which will allow him to follow his dreams. We thank him for his distinguished past service and wish him all the best in his pursuit of a career in law which he seems well suited for.

I expect that there will be transition issues which will consume a great deal of my time between now and the AGM. This may impact the time that I have available to spend on other important files that I am working on so lets not throw too many monkey wrenches into the machinery in the next few months.

Vladimir Drkulec
    President, Chess Federation of Canada

This is really unfortunate. Michael always seemed like a very competent person, and I wish him the best of luck in his future career.
    However, I must say that even with all the time he spent at the CFC, things were running pretty slowly at the office. Perhaps there's just too much work for one person.
    Do we have any information on the person who is supposed to replace him? Was he approved by the CFC executive? If he (or she) has less experience with administrative tasks, things could get very bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Félix Dumont View Post
    This is really unfortunate. Michael always seemed like a very competent person, and I wish him the best of luck in his future career.
    However, I must say that even with all the time he spent at the CFC, things were running pretty slowly at the office. Perhaps there's just too much work for one person.
    Do we have any information on the person who is supposed to replace him? Was he approved by the CFC executive? If he (or she) has less experience with administrative tasks, things could get very bad.
    Everything is not yet finalized but the person is quite familiar to everyone in the chess community and his past dealings with the CFC have been very successful. I will present more information as it becomes available. I agree that the task may be too much for one person. In all likelihood there will be a RFP near the end of the current contract so everyone has time to think about it and work on their proposals. I hope the FQE will consider a bid at that point as they did make a very credible bid in the last case.

Michael, thnx for your work and best luck in law labyrinths.

subcontract his duties beginning May 31st, 2014 for the balance of his contract with the CFC

When will the original contract be over? Was it two or three year? [Lazy to dig it out]
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Going by memory it was two years.

Blog Entries

Bob Gillanders will be our new executive director at the end of May or beginning of June. More details will be forthcoming as they become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Bob Gillanders will be our new executive director at the end of May or beginning of June. More details will be forthcoming as they become available.
    This is a good choice!
    Bob is a reasonable person, and hopefully could learn from past mistakes...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    This is a good choice!
    Bob is a reasonable person, and hopefully could learn from past mistakes...
    I certainly hope not. If he learned from his past mistakes he might not take the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I certainly hope not. If he learned from his past mistakes he might not take the job.
    Bob G.....make mistakes??.....oh, surely not!!

Bob A

Great choice!
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member