Thread: 8. New Business

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default 8. New Business

New business is to be posted in this thread.

Default North American Youth Chess Championship

Any news regarding North American Youth Chess Championship?
    I still can't see any information on the CFC website...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Any news regarding North American Youth Chess Championship?
    I still can't see any information on the CFC website...

We should probably have a link to the following site somewhere on the front page perhaps where the link to the world chess championship is at the moment.
    http://www.chesseducators.com/2014/0...ne-12-16-2014/

I have been keeping Michael busy the last few days preparing financial reports, talking on Skype and reading and answering my emails. I will mention it to him shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    We should probably have a link to the following site somewhere on the front page perhaps where the link to the world chess championship is at the moment.
    http://www.chesseducators.com/2014/0...ne-12-16-2014/

I have been keeping Michael busy the last few days preparing financial reports, talking on Skype and reading and answering my emails. I will mention it to him shortly.
    Thank you, Vlad!

And what about Bob's proposal - "the CFC website lists the players eligible to be official players in the order in which they are to be invited. Beside their name is their response (yes I accept, yes but only if I am official player, yes I am going either way, or no I don't want to go). List deadlines for responses, also any problems listed (like waiting for payments, no passport yet, etc), so everyone knows the status of our official player selection" - as we all agreed at the January Meeting?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Thank you, Vlad!

And what about Bob's proposal - "the CFC website lists the players eligible to be official players in the order in which they are to be invited. Beside their name is their response (yes I accept, yes but only if I am official player, yes I am going either way, or no I don't want to go). List deadlines for responses, also any problems listed (like waiting for payments, no passport yet, etc), so everyone knows the status of our official player selection" - as we all agreed at the January Meeting?
    Some of that information seems a bit personal to list publicly and we will want something that is relatively easy to maintain and update, probably starting with an Excel spreadsheet. Once we wrap up this NFP meeting I will turn my attention to questions of the North American Youth Chess Championship and we will come up with a way to share that information whether it is through the forums (public or private) or a web page. The executive have already had some discussions along these lines though we were most concerned with determining a tie break criteria. I will probably get back to you on this on the governors forum about one week or so after the end of this meeting which will wrap up on Monday.