View Poll Results: With respect to the proposed minimal bylaws posted here.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would support all of these provisions in a vote

4 40.00%
  • I would support all of these provisions in a vote with some minor modifications.

6 60.00%
  • I would support most but not all of these provisions.

0 0%
  • On the whole I would not support these provisions.

0 0%

Thread: Straw Poll on Minimal Set of Bylaws required to comply with new NFP Act

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    Question 1: Do we have any idea from Ottawa what their usual turnaround time is on processing submissions for Continuance?
    Not really. I expect that we will only know when the certificate of continuance arrives. Most of the other items seem to have timelines anywhere from 5 to 30 days.

Question 2: Wouldn't this wording mean a Governor / Class A Voting Member would be deemed to have resigned his/her position the day following expiration of their CFC membership? Sure looks that way to me.
    It looks like 30 days to me.

Question 3: Do we have any indication as to whether the CFC / FQE agreement poses any problems under this? It definitely does have relevance since part of this refers to participation in governance and in membership matters. We worked far too hard to get the agreement to risk having our Continuance application be in jeopardy over it. I do feel strongly that somewhere in our application it needs to be both mentioned and clearly stated that this is part of an ongoing process which we hope will lead to full re-affiliation and mending of the relationship that was broken in 1976.
    I don't see how it would. There is a fair degree of flexibility on qualifications for membership. If I am reading the regulations correctly we have to submit at least some of the bylaws only within a year of their passing.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 01-14-2014 at 11:07 PM.