Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5. Executive Reports

During AGM Incoming Governors meeting the motion passed
    10C / 10D National Youth Coach position
    "be it resolved that the motions 10C and 10D be tabled and subject to examination by the Youth Coordinator, preferably adding members to from a committee, to come up with a direction for the CFC to take regarding a national Youth Program with a report presented during the next Governors' meeting"
    ( http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...position/page2 )

Will the report be posted here?
    .*-1

I also wish to see a report from the Youth Coordinator, to hear the status for the upcoming WYCC.

Blog Entries

Our youth coordinator is quite busy at the moment putting the last minute touches on getting everyone registered for WYCC. The final deadline is next week. I am being copied on only some of the emails and a couple of days this week I received forty to fifty of them each day, many of which required a detailed response from me. Frank is dealing with many more emails on the subject than I am. Andrew Giblon is the head of delegation and he is doing an outstanding job as always and has been very helpful in the process of organizing this year's team.

With regard to the Youth Coach program motion, the youth committee is not yet fully in place though Frank Lee has been approaching people with an interest in youth chess. The committee should be in place and functioning in the next few weeks once the work on WYCC hits a lull. Once the committee is formed then they will be able to consider the national Youth Coach program and present a report. For now we will have to table this until the next meeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12