Thread: 7. "The Voting Booth" - Results of Voting:

Default 7. "The Voting Booth" - Results of Voting:

Governors, here are the results of the votes cast in the Outgoing Governors section of the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Chess Federation of Canada:

Governors in Attendance (Total Governors Present: 41)

Aris Marghetis Chris Felix Christopher Mallon David Steer Félix Dumont Francisco Cabanas Frank Lee Garvin Nunes George Hensel Hal Bond Halldor P. Palsson Lyle Craver Marc Poulin Michael Barron Paul Leblanc Peter Stockhausen Robert Laszlo Simon Ong Vladimir Drkulec
    Bob Armstrong Bob Gillanders Christopher Field Edward Porper Egidijus Zeromskis Ellen Nadeau Fred McKim Gordon Ritchie Hugh Brodie Ilia Bluvshtein Iulia Lacau-Rodean Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Kevin Pacey Les Bunning Marcus Wilker Mark S. Dutton, I.A. Nikolay Noritsyn Patrick McDonald Pierre Dénommée Rob Clark Valer Eugen Demian

On motion 6.1 (Membership Renewals) I vote

Yes (18) Aris Marghetis Christopher Mallon Egidijus Zeromskis Félix Dumont Fred McKim Hal Bond Halldor P. Palsson Hugh Brodie Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Kevin Pacey Lyle Craver Michael Barron Paul Leblanc Pierre Dénommée Robert Laszlo Valer Eugen Demian Vladimir Drkulec

No (1) Les Bunning

Abstain (1) Bob Gillanders

MOTION CARRIED

On motion 6.2 (Purchases of Memberships) I vote

Yes (16) Aris Marghetis Christopher Mallon Egidijus Zeromskis Félix Dumont Fred McKim Hal Bond Halldor P. Palsson Hugh Brodie Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Kevin Pacey Lyle Craver Michael Barron Paul Leblanc Pierre Dénommée Valer Eugen Demian Vladimir Drkulec

No (0) None

Abstain (2) Bob Gillanders Robert Laszlo

MOTION CARRIED

On motion 6.3 (Timing of Memberships) I vote

Yes (11) Bob Gillanders Christopher Mallon Egidijus Zeromskis Fred McKim Kevin Pacey Lyle Craver Michael Barron Paul Leblanc Pierre Dénommée Valer Eugen Demian Vladimir Drkulec

No (4) Félix Dumont Halldor P. Palsson Ken Craft Ken Einarsson

Abstain (4) Aris Marghetis Hal Bond Hugh Brodie Robert Laszlo

MOTION CARRIED

On motion 6.4 (Contribution to Foundation) I vote

Yes (14) Aris Marghetis Bob Gillanders Christopher Mallon Félix Dumont Halldor P. Palsson Hugh Brodie Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Lyle Craver Michael Barron Paul Leblanc Pierre Dénommée Valer Eugen Demian Vladimir Drkulec

No (3) Egidijus Zeromskis Fred McKim Kevin Pacey

Abstain (2) David Steer Robert Laszlo

MOTION CARRIED

Attached to this message is the 2012-2013 Voting Ledger - I have hidden all columns not dealing with the AGM (as I expect these are the parts most of interest to Governors at this time) but the complete records of the year's votes can be readily seen by unhiding the remaining columns.

Governors, this concludes my report on the voting carried on at the Outgoing Governors portion of the Annual Meeting of the Chess Federation of Canada. As Secretary, I want to thank you all for your participation and while thanking everyone I want to thanks those who are retiring from the Assembly of Governors for your hard work on behalf of Canada. Chess players collectively owe you far more than many of them know.

Lyle Craver
    Secretary, Chess Federation of Canada

41 present governors but only 19 that voted?

This is an old issue. It has been discussed time and time again. The last result was that, except for QC and we can add SK, the Governors are chosen by a vote of the members. The Assembly of Governors should not judge the electors. The electors can get the voting ledger and know who voted and who did not vote. If the members decide to reelect an inactive Governor, we must assume that they know what they are doing.

If the current membership structure is conserved after the transition to the new Act, Directors will replace Governors and the members will gain the power to dismiss their elected Director. If the members fail to do so, we will have to conclude that they are satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Félix Dumont View Post
    41 present governors but only 19 that voted?