Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 13.04%
  • No

18 78.26%
  • Abstain

2 8.70%

Thread: 10B. "The Voting Booth" 10B (CYCC Free Entrees)

Default 10B. "The Voting Booth" 10B (CYCC Free Entrees)

Moved / Seconded by Felix Dumont and Edward Porper:

Be it resolved that the following be added to the CYCC regulations:

''The organizer shall provide free entry to winners of each category of the previous CYCC, as well as free accommodation as long as they reside no closer than 50 km of the venue.

Shouldn't it be split in two motions?

Quote Originally Posted by Félix Dumont View Post
    Shouldn't it be split in two motions?
    Sorry - if that had been your wish it could have been split any time before the start of voting (including when the matter was first raised as a motion) but once voting has started the answer has to be no.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    Sorry - if that had been your wish it could have been split any time before the start of voting (including when the matter was first raised as a motion) but once voting has started the answer has to be no.
    Lyle, I'm pretty sure they moved/seconded for it to be split in two almost immediately after the discussions opened up. They are the first few replies on the discussion thread.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Yes, and it was even mentionned in the schedule :
    10B. Motion: CYCC Free Entries (Dumont / Porper) Being broken into two parts

I would very much like to know who and when that phrase was inserted because it was not inserted by me - had we been having this discussion before June 26th (under the rules no amendments are allowed after the start of voting) I would have no problem doing so BUT I say again, what I posted was the motion as initially e-mailed to me and I did not add that phrase. I have however re-read the postings in this thread and see what Chris is referring to. I'm not sure what we can do at this point but there are various options available.
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 06-28-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Lyle, I sent you an email on June 18, telling you about the two motions being separated. You even answered me...