Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC Moves on Fees

Default Voting Results?

Any tabulation of voting results yet on 2009-07 ( the more controversial one - doubling the TPF ) and 2009-08 ?

Bob

The Governors do not have the unofficial results yet.

Default Unofficial results

The official votes count will be in GL5 with governors voting for and against listed.

motion 2009-07 Raising the Tournament fees - passed

motion 2009-08 Raising rating fees for non SwissSys submissions -passed

I remind everyone that these changes are effective May 1, 2009.

Will the unofficial results be posted with names on the Governors' Forum, Bob?

Default No......

I have more urgent matters to attend to.

I didn't mean immediately and I didn't mean by you, Bob (perhaps the Secretary). My questions is more general. Since we now have a Governors discussion board will unofficial voting results (including names) appear their before appearing in GLs? Sorry if I gave the impression there was sense of urgency on this matter, Bob. I know you are very busy.
    Cheers,
    Ken

Default Motion 2009-07 - Doubling the TPF

To the CFC Governors:

The Grassroots' Campaign congratulates you on passing motion 2009-07, doubling the tournament playing fee. This was the fall back position of the GC if the governors were not going to eliminate the TPF entirely ( which clearly you were not ready to do at this time ).

We still feel replacement of the TPF by our " First Time CFC Member 40% Discount " is preferable ( our initial position ).

But we can all now see whether the chess world caves in, as some organizers maintained, due to the $ 10 increase.

We will consider in future whether to re-launch a motion putting forward again our initial position.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 03-09-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    To the CFC Governors:

The Grassroots' Campaign congratulates you on passing motion 2009-07, doubling the tournament playing fee. This was the fall back position of the GC if the governors were not going to eliminate the TPF entirely ( which clearly you were not ready to do at this time ).

We still feel replacement of the TPF by our " First Time CFC Member 40% Discount " is preferable ( our initial position ).

But we can all now see whether the chess world caves in, as some organizers maintained, due to the $ 10 increase.

We will consider in future whether to re-launch a motion putting forward again our initial position.

Bob
    Hi Bob,

Nobody claimed the "chess world would cave in", but they did predict a decrease in tournament attendence.

The CFC should be working towards bringing as many players to the board as possible. This, in my opinion, is a move in the wrong direction. No, its not the end of the world, but it does nothing to accomplish what should be the CFC's number one priority.

Default Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    The CFC should be working towards bringing as many players to the board as possible. This, in my opinion, is a move in the wrong direction. No, its not the end of the world, but it does nothing to accomplish what should be the CFC's number one priority.
    Well said!
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    The CFC should be working towards bringing as many players to the board as possible. This, in my opinion, is a move in the wrong direction. No, it's not the end of the world, but it does nothing to accomplish what should be the CFC's number one priority.
    It not only does nothing to increase the numbers, doubling the T-option actually works to DECREASE the number of players.

We are accustomed to the CFC shooting themselves in the foot. This time, they're raised their sights.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast