Thread: 10. Motions / 11. New business

Default 10. Motions / 11. New business

Any new business items should be raised here. Any new motions made before the start of voting on June 17th will be voted at this meeting. Motions made after that date will be voted on at the October quarterly meeting

Moved Lyle Craver, Seconded Paul Leblanc "That in view of an irregularity having taken place at the 2010 Annual Meeting, two instead of one 4 year trustee to the Chess Foundation of Canada were appointed. No 4-year trustee was elected at the 2011 annual meeting. Therefore be it resolved that the appointment of Mr. Micah Hughey be deemed to have occured in 2011 with his term of office to end at the 2015 Annual Meeting"

Rationale: the practice of the CFC has always been to have 4 Foundation trustees with 4 year terms with one being replaced every year at the Annual meeting. This proposal would restore the practice of the CFC which goes back to the beginnings of the Chess Foundation of Canada.

Blog Entries

10B. NFP Act / CFC Constitution.

This past year an adhoc Committee was formed to write a new CFC Constitution that would be inline with the changes being made to the RFP Act. The proposal was defeated by the Governors, with the general commentary asking for something that made the minimum changes needed.

Les Bunning was asked to work on that, but I'm not sure if he accepted that task or where we are.

I am going to start a new thread for this discussion.

Blog Entries

10C. RCAA Application.

We've had considerable discussion about this. It would allow us to regain our ability to be considered "charitable".

I am going to open a thread.

Question Masters Representative

My congratulation to new CFC President - Vladimir Drkulec!

Vlad, since we don't have any plans for Canadian Closed, would you consider resigning as a Masters Representative and appointing another Master for this position?

Thanks for your consideration!
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    My congratulation to new CFC President - Vladimir Drkulec!

Vlad, since we don't have any plans for Canadian Closed, would you consider resigning as a Masters Representative and appointing another Master for this position?

Thanks for your consideration!
    Thank you, though I was under the impression that the election goes on until tomorrow (Tuesday June 25 at 6:00 pm). I will be resigning as Masters Representative and appointing my successor shortly once I verify that the election is indeed over. It has been my pleasure to serve as the Masters Representative for the past two years. I look forward to handing the job over to a much stronger and better known successor.

I think Michael was jumping the gun but yes indeed let us congratulate our new President!

On items covered in section 11 New Business unless I hear differently I am assuming we are having a free and wide-ranging discussion on the subjects with a view to reaching a consensus and working toward at the October meeting.

Just so everyone is clear - the voting period starts at 6pm ET today (June 26) and any motions moved after the start of voting are out of order.