Thread: 12a) Nominations for Executive Positions

Hybrid View

I did a bit of research and interpreted things differently, but it is entirely possibly I am wrong. Regardless I suppose you don't want to run for presidency? At this point voting is supposed to have started and we have no one running for secretary or president.

Michael Barron has been nominated to run as OCA President by Garvin. He has still to indicate if he will accept the nomination. I would like to urge him to do so. If he needs some relief at the GTCL level to do so, then perhaps some switching of positions could be done to open up time for him to do the OCA job. Just my 2 cents.

Bob A

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    I did a bit of research and interpreted things differently, but it is entirely possibly I am wrong. Regardless I suppose you don't want to run for presidency? At this point voting is supposed to have started and we have no one running for secretary or president.
    When Robert's Rules and other sites say "Member" they mean "Member of the Assembly" which means "Someone with a vote or similar standing".

I hadn't really given it any advance thought, so it was a bit of a surprise for me. I'll be back around 7:20pm just before nominations close so I have until then to make a decision, not to mention seeing if anyone actually wants to nominate me.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Hi Chris:

Since Michael Barron has now declined to accept his nomination for President, I will nominate Chris Mallon for OCA President.

Bob A

I second the nomination for Chris Mallon for OCA president!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
    I second the nomination for Chris Mallon for OCA president!
    Very well, for lack of any other candidates, I will accept.

We still need someone for Secretary, however.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

At this point Chris is the only person who has been nominated and accepted and thus I will turn chairing the meeting over to him. Thank you Chris.

So, where are we going from here ... Do we have an incoming executive? I have stated my interest in returning as Youth Coordinator, but it seems I have not been nominated, so ...

??

Patrick
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald
    International Arbiter
    International Organizer

Patrick, you can nominate yourself. (imo after reading Robert's rules), and no seconder needed. But if you insist

I nominate Patrick McDonald for an OCA Youth Coordinator.
    .*-1

Egidijus, Thank you ... I wasn't really insisting, but wasn't sure if my statement in my report that I would be willing to stand again would suffice .... in any case, thanks for the nomination ...
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald
    International Arbiter
    International Organizer