Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12a) Nominations for Executive Positions

Blog Entries

Default 12a) Nominations for Executive Positions

Only incoming governors are allowed to post in this thread; any other posts will be deleted or moved.

If you would like to nominate someone for an Executive position, please post below.

Nominations do not have to be seconded, but feel free to speak to someone's nomination if you wish. I will update this first post with a running tally of who has been nominated.

If you are someone who has been nominated and you wish to accept or decline, please either reply here or let me know by email.

I'm starting the thread a couple of days early to give lots of time to the most important thing we'll be doing at this meeting.

President

Regional Vice-Presidents
    (pre-selected by the Leagues but please post your selections in this thread)

Secretary

Treasurer

Youth-Coordinator
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Hi Chris:

I believe one of the 4 Regional V-P's becomes the Executive V-P?? Not sure of this. If so, is this an elected position by the incoming governors, for which nominations need to be taken?

Bob

Blog Entries

Hi Bob.

The Executive will choose one regional vice president to be the Executive Vice president. The Executive Vice-President shall, in the absence or disability of the President, perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President and shall perform such other duties as shall from time to time be delegated to him by the Board or by the President.

Pretty minor, really just means you're the official backup President.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Is anyone wishing to run for any of the executive positions? Also Brett are you willing to serve as treasurer again?

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

I wish to nominate Christopher Mallon for 2013-14 OCA President.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    I wish to nominate Christopher Mallon for 2013-14 OCA President.
    I have a technical question about this nomination. I understand that nominations are being asked for "during" the outgoing OCA governors' AGM. But the 2013-4 OCA Executive are elected by the incoming OCA Governors. Kevin is an outgoing Gov., but NOT an incoming one. Can he nominate?

Bob A

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    I have a technical question about this nomination. I understand that nominations are being asked for "during" the outgoing OCA governors' AGM. But the 2013-4 OCA Executive are elected by the incoming OCA Governors. Kevin is an outgoing Gov., but NOT an incoming one. Can he nominate?

Bob A
    Sorry Bob, Chris, and others. I made the mistake of not entirely remembering Chris's first post of this thread. It states only Incoming Govs may post (and therefore nominate). Chris feel free to delete my posts here (although I hope you run as President).
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 06-05-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Grammar
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    Is anyone wishing to run for any of the executive positions? Also Brett are you willing to serve as treasurer again?
    Hi Rob

Since the OCA is still looking for a President and Secretary, I would be happy to run again for Treasurer.

Yours truly,

Brett Campbell

To be honest, I see no reason why he can't nominate. He would be excluded from the voting but I see no reason why his nomination would be invalid as he is a member in good standing. Additionally, Chris is the only person who has stepped up as of yet, with voting supposed to commence today. I have yet to hear if Chris has accepted this nomination or not.

I'd like to nominate Michael Barron for OCA president.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast