Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHESSTALK problems?

come on, Kerry.
    whois is the magic keyword LOL
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    Thanks! Like many people I was merely retrying the bookmarked URL rather than checking the 'home' page...
    Wonder if Larry can tell us who the hosting provider is - so we can avoid them.
    I could tell you, but on the other hand, I don't have a problem with them updating software to close off vulnerabilities to hackers.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

As Larry says - CMA has an old program. He's mentioned this before in times past when there were glitches.

Should Larry be considering a full upgrade? Of course, $$ are likely a problem.

Bob A

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    As Larry says - CMA has an old program. He's mentioned this before in times past when there were glitches.

Should Larry be considering a full upgrade? Of course, $$ are likely a problem.

Bob A
    Yes Bob...I finally had to bite the bullet and we are doing a major upgrade. We are also upgrading our accounting package which still uses DOS . This is the message that appears on ChessTalk:
    Our Web hosting provider updated their software causing many problems with our old programming. A technician is working on that problem and all should be ok by Friday.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    Yes Bob...I finally had to bite the bullet and we are doing a major upgrade. We are also upgrading our accounting package which still uses DOS . This is the message that appears on ChessTalk:
    Our Web hosting provider updated their software causing many problems with our old programming. A technician is working on that problem and all should be ok by Friday.

Larry
    Unfortunately due to unforeseen problems we will not have service until sometime next week

I'm dazed and confused when going online and there's no chesstalk. On the other hand, I have accomplished alot of spring cleaning this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
    I'm dazed and confused when going online and there's no chesstalk. On the other hand, I have accomplished alot of spring cleaning this past week.
    Just think of poor Gary Ruben.
    He must be going out of his mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12