Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHESSTALK problems?

Default CHESSTALK problems?

When I try to access Chesstalk via Firefox, Chrome, or IE, I get:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2514

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php
    Line: 49

Anyone else getting the same thing? Comments?

I'm getting the same thing. Glad I'm not alone. Pity it's happening on a long weekend, it might be a while before the mods/admin can fix it.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

It may be a coincidence, but before it went down I happened to see a post in one particular thread on that message board that was particularly nasty (arguably libelous). I don't wish to repeat what I thought I saw, since for one thing I'm prone to seeing things occasionally.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    It may be a coincidence, but before it went down I happened to see a post in one particular thread on that message board that was particularly nasty (arguably libelous). I don't wish to repeat what I thought I saw, since for one thing I'm prone to seeing things occasionally.
    We have been at the Canadian Chess Challenge all weekend. Someone will be taking a look at this problem and I would guess we will be up and running within the next 36 hours. The results of the Canadian Chess Challenge can be found at:

http://www.chess-math.org/ccc/nation...lish/index.xml

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    We have been at the Canadian Chess Challenge all weekend. Someone will be taking a look at this problem and I would guess we will be up and running within the next 36 hours. The results of the Canadian Chess Challenge can be found at:

http://www.chess-math.org/ccc/nation...lish/index.xml

Larry
    Larry, a very impressive website for the Canadian Chess Challenge.
    It is a delight to navigate and see results for years past. Well done.

I thought only my phone gave garbage connected through free WiFis LOL
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Larry, a very impressive website for the Canadian Chess Challenge.
    It is a delight to navigate and see results for years past. Well done.
    Hi Bob,

The kudos belong to Chris Dawson of Newfoundland....he is a genius!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    When I try to access Chesstalk via Firefox, Chrome, or IE, I get:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 97

yada yada

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/chess9/public_html/forum/includes/init.php
    Line: 49
    Still quite broken at 14:00 22May2013

from http://www.chesstalk.com/

Our Web hosting provider updated their software causing many problems with our old programming. A technician is working on that problem and all should be ok by Friday.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    from http://www.chesstalk.com/

Our Web hosting provider updated their software causing many problems with our old programming. A technician is working on that problem and all should be ok by Friday.
    Thanks! Like many people I was merely retrying the bookmarked URL rather than checking the 'home' page...
    Wonder if Larry can tell us who the hosting provider is - so we can avoid them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast