View Poll Results: I support motion 7B (National Youth Coach position)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

8 25.81%
  • NO

23 74.19%
  • ABSTAIN

0 0%

Thread: 9A. "The Voting Booth" - Motion 7B Creation of a National Youth Coach position

Default 9A. "The Voting Booth" - Motion 7B Creation of a National Youth Coach position

Governors, here is the text of motion 7b - please vote YES, NO or ABSTAIN

7b.Creation of a National Youth Coach position (Fred McKim / Vladimir Drkulec)
    Moved McKim / Drkulec. A National Youth Coach position be established in accordance with the terms of the proposal from IM Edward Porper, below. Governors:

The proposal below will allow us to produce many WYCC medalists over the next few years and eventually allow us to have a program leading all the way to GM players.

1. Players would be accepted into the program relative to their ability to be top 5 (approximately) players in their respective age / gender groups.

2. It is estimated that this restriction could be expanded as time goes on. It is expected that the National Coach could handle up to 50 players. Should the program gain more popularity, more coaches can be brought on-board.

3. In connection with 2 above Coaching seminars would be provided to interested individuals.

4. Funding for the program would come from the players/families and external funding. Depending on levels of external funding achieved, it is expected that a monthly charge could vary from $100-200 per participant.

5. The CFC would provide advertizing for the National Coach program and provide encouragement for players to join.

6. Part of the program will be group lectures over Skype. Typical plans in different openings, special skills etc. Kids from the same geographical area could come together and listen to a 2 hours' lecture once every couple of weeks or so. IN ADDITION to private lessons. E-mail contact with all students and homework. Multi-level lesson plans have already been developed.

7. Coach to administer player's fees, with a quarterly accounting to the CFC Office. External funding to go directly to CFC Youth Chess, with dispersal to the coach based upon agreed upon levels spelled out at program start up. For example a formula will be developed to work out monthly payments by students, based on numbers in the program, and amount of external funding available.

8. Contact to be in place for a three year period from the time of actual start up.

Please advise what happened to my two motions seconded by B.Armstrong. They are in the discussion thread.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

I was wondering the same...

Moi aussi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Please advise what happened to my two motions seconded by B.Armstrong. They are in the discussion thread.
    Can you send the exact wording directly to Lyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Can you send the exact wording directly to Lyle.
    done.
    Though the texts are in these two messages:

My motions: http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...1711#post21711
    Seconded by Robert Armstrong in http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...1714#post21714
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Moi aussi.
    Me too - I seconded the amending motion by Egis.

The amending motion captures what I want.

Right now I'm being forced to vote against the original motion, and if it is defeated, then we're totally back to square one, to start all over again.

Bob A

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Me too - I seconded the amending motion by Egis.

The amending motion captures what I want.

Right now I'm being forced to vote against the original motion, and if it is defeated, then we're totally back to square one, to start all over again.

Bob A
    Bob. I think people can go ahead and vote on the original motion, as you would be required to do that anyway, at the same time you would normally vote on a) the amendment to the motion and b) the amended motion (in case the amendment passes). That's how we handle amendments - vote on the amendment and then the two possible motions (all at once - so as to not slow things down).

I assume Lyle will have it all fixed later today. It's only 7:30am in BC right now.