Thread: 8. New Business

Default 8. New Business

Governors, please post any requested new business items here. Please distinguish between items needing dealt with before the Annual Meeting and those best handled in the Annual meeting itself.

Thumbs up AGM: 14 days of "the online AGM to run from Monday, June 10 to SundaY, June 23, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    Governors, please post any requested new business items here. Please distinguish between items needing dealt with before the Annual Meeting and those best handled in the Annual meeting itself.

Thanks Lyle.

The next Quarterly Meeting should be the AGM.

This is now only 9 weeks away from the dates, that I have suggested the period of 14 days of : "the online AGM to run from Monday, June 10 to Sunday, June 23, 2013".

Are there any objections to this time period? If not let's book that time period and begin your Agenda preparation for this important AGM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    Thanks Lyle.

This is now only 9 weeks away from the dates, that I have suggested the period of 14 days of : "the online AGM to run from Monday, June 10 to Sunday, June 23, 2013".

Are there any objections to this time period? If not let's book that time period and begin your Agenda preparation for this important AGM.
    For discussion... Lyle can check to see how exactly we did it last year.

The outgoing meeting can probably run from June 10 - 18. Motions would be ready at the start of the meeting.

While the incoming meeting should start maybe on the 12th and election of Governors from non-affiliated Provinces & Territories can take place in the first two days, before any real business can start. If there are any new motions, it would be good to have them presented by June 16 to give the proper time for discussion and voting.

Blog Entries

Fred, I suggest that the Incoming meeting should start at the same time, with the first two days being entirely nominations for various positions, followed by voting with the actual official "meeting" happening after that.

With a June 10th start, that means that completed financial statements need to be in the hands of the Governors by May 20th, prior to whatever the start time of the AGM would be as well (11am?)...
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

We have no indication that the new Constitution will be ready to be voted at this date. We should delay the AGM to August to ensure a vote on this important issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    Thanks Lyle.

I say again - one thing that has made my life sheer hell over past Annual Meetings is the tardiness of provincial representatives of getting their Governor nominations in. If I don't get your province's lists until August why would you expect your Governors to have voting privileges?

Further - certain provinces have a history of nominating unqualified people (i.e. people with expired members, even in a couple of cases folks who weren't members at all but who I suspect are family members of members).

I _would_ ask that e-mail addresses be provided with nominations for all newly nominated Governors - and Governors please make sure newcomers know that an account on this forum is necessary to take part in the Annual Meeting!

Next, I am well aware of how the Ontario Chess Association breaks down their Governor allocations by league but am really only interested in getting a list from the OCA president or secretary. How Ontario's allocation is broken down is their own affair and my only interest is in ensuring that everyone nominated is a current member just like everyone else. If you're a current adult member you're eligible! (There have been some efforts by some league officers to get the CFC involved in the Ontario nominations in past years - this is not appropriate!)

Last, setting up the two Annual Meetings (Outgoing and Incoming) is tricky and a fair bit of work. As such I ask for your help and the Executive's help and most of all the Office's help in getting the list together as early as possible.

My apologies for the rant but no question making sure the 2013-14 Assembly of Governors lists are complete is a big job and a vitally important one that requires everyone's help. Thanks, LC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    I say again - one thing that has made my life sheer hell over past Annual Meetings is the tardiness of provincial representatives of getting their Governor nominations in. If I don't get your province's lists until August why would you expect your Governors to have voting privileges?

Further - certain provinces have a history of nominating unqualified people (i.e. people with expired members, even in a couple of cases folks who weren't members at all but who I suspect are family members of members).

I _would_ ask that e-mail addresses be provided with nominations for all newly nominated Governors - and Governors please make sure newcomers know that an account on this forum is necessary to take part in the Annual Meeting!

Next, I am well aware of how the Ontario Chess Association breaks down their Governor allocations by league but am really only interested in getting a list from the OCA president or secretary. How Ontario's allocation is broken down is their own affair and my only interest is in ensuring that everyone nominated is a current member just like everyone else. If you're a current adult member you're eligible! (There have been some efforts by some league officers to get the CFC involved in the Ontario nominations in past years - this is not appropriate!)

Last, setting up the two Annual Meetings (Outgoing and Incoming) is tricky and a fair bit of work. As such I ask for your help and the Executive's help and most of all the Office's help in getting the list together as early as possible.

My apologies for the rant but no question making sure the 2013-14 Assembly of Governors lists are complete is a big job and a vitally important one that requires everyone's help. Thanks, LC
    I am still trying to find out, Lyle, why the amendment for the National Coaching position was not voted on, and how this is to be rectified.