Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7a. Motions on Membership Renewals (Paul Leblanc / Lyle Craver)

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    I completely agree with Chris -- an expiry date includes the date of expiration: in other words (in your example) at the end of the day 11:59 pm. April 1st.

I checked with the Banks and the use of VISA, MasterCard, etc. and by the way and they all use "Valid From Dates" and "Good Thru Dates"

If the only date is the month and year, then it is good through the END of the month/year designated.

If it has a start date and the start date is only month and year, then it is in force from the beginning of the month/year in the start date.

To solve this ambiguity, perhaps we will need to have expiry dates at the END of the month. Membership valid Thru to the end of a month on the last day until midnight!

Same as retail coupons, store "sales" valid until date and even the expiry date of food is valid to the end of that day.
    In that case I drop my tentative opposition to Motion 3. Thanks for the info, Mark.
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 04-03-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

I think where we stand at the moment is that the proposed re-wording of article 323 is acceptable and that Article 432 needs a cross-reference to Article 323.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

We really need to renumber the Handbook in such a way that a change is a section will not impact all the other sections numbering.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123