Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YCC qualifiers

Default YCC qualifiers

Hello,

I am posting this question as a result of a discussion on BC Chess Facebook group.

Is anywhere in CFC handbook mentioned anything regarding what a tournament need to have to be a CYCC qualifier?

I am aware of this page link , but this is for now just "a new initiative".

Thanks
    Andrei Botez

Blog Entries

This would seem to be one of those cases where it should be obvious that any qualifying tournament for a National Championship would be CFC Rated. I'm not quite sure what the problem is ..........

Default CYCC qualifier requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Botez View Post

Is anywhere in CFC handbook mentioned anything regarding what a tournament need to have to be a CYCC qualifier?
    Andrei,

I can't find anything regarding CYCC qualifier requirements in the CFC handbook, but this issue was discussed on the Youth Committee Forum in 2010-2011.
    Unfortunately, I can't access this Forum now.

The question to the CFC Executives and/or Forum moderators:
    What happened with the Youth Committee Forum?
    Was this Forum deleted?
    Was my access to it revoked?

To answer your question, Andrei, going from memory:
    The specific requirements should be set by provincial organization, and could vary from province to province.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Hello,

I am posting this question as a result of a discussion on BC Chess Facebook group.

I am aware of this page link , but this is for now just "a new initiative".

Thanks
    Andrei Botez
    Andrei, go to CFC main website, top left corner, under "about the CFC",
    click on "2013 CYCC - Consider running a qualifying event!"
    That should answer most of your questions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Andrei, go to CFC main website, top left corner, under "about the CFC",
    click on "2013 CYCC - Consider running a qualifying event!"
    That should answer most of your questions.
    I think the problem they are having is that it doesn't actually say that the event has to be CFC rated in the handbook. So the question becomes: does an omission of what the CFC Executive considers to be obvious (from the handbook) trump the explicit rules in the tournament website.

As the CFC has approved the specific tournament rules, they take precedence, in my mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Andrei,

I can't find anything regarding CYCC qualifier requirements in the CFC handbook, but this issue was discussed on the Youth Committee Forum in 2010-2011.
    Unfortunately, I can't access this Forum now.

The question to the CFC Executives and/or Forum moderators:
    What happened with the Youth Committee Forum?
    Was this Forum deleted?
    Was my access to it revoked?

To answer your question, Andrei, going from memory:
    The specific requirements should be set by provincial organization, and could vary from province to province.
    Those questions should be addressed by the Youth Co-ordinator. I don't believe there is a committee at the moment.

It's not for me to say, but I think Patrick is stepping down at the AGM, so this topic should be addressed by candidates for 2013-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I think the problem they are having is that it doesn't actually say that the event has to be CFC rated in the handbook. So the question becomes: does an omission of what the CFC Executive considers to be obvious (from the handbook) trump the explicit rules in the tournament website.

As the CFC has approved the specific tournament rules, they take precedence, in my mind.

The handbook says nothing regarding YCC rules. Going to an extreme, I can have a blind-bullet-Chess960- non rated tournament as a qualifier.

Patrick put together the guide that is clearly specifying what it is: "a new initiative to help encourage organizers"

Blog Entries

The handbook says nothing regarding YCC rules. Going to an extreme, I can have a blind-bullet-Chess960- non rated tournament as a qualifier.

Patrick put together the guide that is clearly specifying what it is: "a new initiative to help encourage organizers"
    While that's true - we would have to go back to last year's rules to see what made a YCC valid. We know the $200 package has been in place for a long time - I rembmer many years ago, an alternative was $4 per head (no prize package).

I'm more concerned as to why Vancouver feels it can qualify players for the CYCC without chipping in as all of the other CYCC's across Canada are doing ??

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    We know the $200 package has been in place for a long time - I rembmer many years ago, an alternative was $4 per head (no prize package).
    Clearly written two options:
    1. the full package of goodies (medals, organizer shirt, give-aways for participants), with $6 per participant ($200 min, $400 max).

2 the economy model, $2 per player, no minimum or maximum

+ announcement that it is a Qualifier.
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; 03-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    .*-1

"a new initiative"

Before it was a min $200 program with all bangs and whistles, now you may organizer with option 2.
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; 03-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    .*-1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast