The CFC Regular Chess Post – March 1/13 – von Keitz Resigns.

Today, Friday, March 1, CFC President, Michael von Keitz, almost at the end of his second consecutive term, announced his resignation, effective immediately. Governors have spontaneously lauded his presidency, and have congratulated him on being an excellent president, and wished him well in his future endeavours. Michael did not seek a high profile with the members/public, but was an excellent in-house leader of the executive and the governors. Behind the scenes, he was a veritable work-horse. It is in his presidency that the CFC/FQE accord was signed. His fingerprints are all over the updating of the CFC Website. I am advised Michael has also declined to sit on the Executive now as “Past President”.

Vice-President, Mark Dutton of BC, has agreed to be “Interim President” ‘til the CFC AGM in July. Here is his statement from today:

CFC President resigns

Today, The Chess Federation of Canada received the news that Michael von Keitz has stepped down, effective immediately.

In the interim, I have agreed to act as the Interim President, pending the election of a new Executive at the AGM of the CFC likely to be held in 3 or 4 months in June or July this year.

I want to thank Michael for his excellent 20 months of service as our President and wish him all the best in his future endeavours!

Further, as a result of Michael's resignation, our Executive have lost 2 of our 7 members as this has resulted in Bob Gillanders departure as Past President. I will not be seeking re-election at the AGM this year and I do not expect to see the return of any more than 3 or 4 of us for next year.

Time for those considering serving the CFC to think about this and begin preparation for a presidential campaign or another position on the Executive.

Please stay tuned as the CFC will be issuing 3 important RFPs this week.

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this time of transition at the CFC.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A., I.O.
CFC President
New email: CFC-President@shaw.ca

Bob Armstrong, CFC Public Relations Coordinator
CFC Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id...id=10564098798
CFC Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/ChessCanada