Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resignation

Default Voluntary resignations

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Good luck Michael.

Mark, I fail to see how this automatically removed Bob as Past President. The constitution is fairly clear that ALL executives serve a term until the next AGM. It's also clear that the Past President does not always have to be the *immediate* past president, and finally on the subject of replacing the President it states that the President would become a sort of no-portfolio member of the Executive should they be somehow removed from that position.
    Thanks Chris. Just to clarify - on the question of Bob Gillanders' departure, rest assured that it was completely voluntary, aided by quick acceptance of what may otherwise have been a faulty ruling. He is currently in the middle of a move, or I am sure he would address this concern himself. So with BOTH Michael (President) and Bob (Past President) leaving on their own accord, it left the executive with 5 remaining members.

Thank you all for the kind words! They were unexpected, but very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    Thanks Chris. Just to clarify - on the question of Bob Gillanders' departure, rest assured that it was completely voluntary, aided by quick acceptance of what may otherwise have been a faulty ruling. He is currently in the middle of a move, or I am sure he would address this concern himself. So with BOTH Michael (President) and Bob (Past President) leaving on their own accord, it left the executive with 5 remaining members.
    Thanks Mark. Yes, I moved last thursday and have been offline since then. The Cable Guy just left about 30 minutes ago, so it was phone messages first, then email, next this board. Oh joy, connected to the world again.

With Michael's resignation, whatever the rules are, it seemed to provide a natural exit strategy for myself. The Past President role provides for some continuity on the executive, and I hope Michael found my counsel to be helpful.

I wholeheartedly echo the sentiments of many other posters that Michael did a splendid job as President.

Thank you Michael for your accomplishments in the service of the CFC!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12