Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resignation

Default Resignation

Dear CFC Member,

Please be advised that I have tendered my resignation to the board. Mark
    Dutton has graciously accepted assumption of my duties until the next AGM
    and I trust each of you will welcome him as a more than satisfactory
    replacement.

Serving you has, in equal measure, been both an honour and a privilege, which
    makes it that much more difficult to leave. I did the best I could, which
    is more than one can ask, and, on the whole, I hope these past 20 months
    have met with your approval.

Sincerely,

Michael von Keitz

Blog Entries

Thanks for your time served as President. The work you performed on behalf of Chess in Canada was tremendous in it's scope and depth.

Hi Michael:

Thanks for your tremendous effort. You have been an excellent president. Good luck in future endeavours.

Bob A

Thanks for everything, Michael. In 20 months, you greatly contributed to chess in Canada and can be proud to be the president that made possible a CFC-FQE deal. I hope the next presidents will be as dynamic as you were.

Thanks, Michael. You have been an excellent president, good luck for the future.

Unhappy CFC President resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Michael von Keitz View Post
    Dear CFC Member,

Please be advised that I have tendered my resignation to the board. Mark
    Dutton has graciously accepted assumption of my duties until the next AGM
    and I trust each of you will welcome him as a more than satisfactory
    replacement.

Serving you has, in equal measure, been both an honour and a privilege, which
    makes it that much more difficult to leave. I did the best I could, which
    is more than one can ask, and, on the whole, I hope these past 20 months
    have met with your approval.

Sincerely,

Michael von Keitz
    CFC President resigns
    Today, The Chess Federation of Canada received the news that Michael von Keitz has stepped down, effective immediately.

In the interim, I have agreed to act as the Interim President, pending the election of a new Executive at the AGM of the CFC likely to be held in 3 or 4 months in June or July this year.

I want to thank Michael for his excellent 20 months of service as our President and wish him all the best in his future endeavours!

Further, as a result of Michael's resignation, our Executive have lost 2 of our 7 members as this has resulted in Bob Gillanders departure as Past President. I will not be seeking re-election at the AGM this year and I do not expect to see the return of any more than 3 or 4 of us for next year.

Time for those considering serving the CFC to think about this and begin preparation for a presidential campaign or another position on the Executive.

Please stay tuned as the CFC will be issuing 3 important RFPs this week.

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this time of transition at the CFC.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A., I.O.
    CFC President
    New email: CFC-President@shaw.ca

Let me add my deep appreciation for Michael's support over the past 2 years. There were considerable difficulties to overcome to get the rating system back into equilibrium and introduce the new bonus point system and Michael's support was key to getting the job done. I also note that he always answered his mail and with wisdom and tact. He was an excellent president.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Blog Entries

Hello Michael,

It has been a pleasure working with you and look forward to your continued involvement in chess. You have been an extremely effective CFC President and I believe that you will be similarly effective in anything that you do.

Vladimir Drkulec

Blog Entries

Thank you Michael for your contributions as President and good luck in your future endeavors!
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Blog Entries

Good luck Michael.

Mark, I fail to see how this automatically removed Bob as Past President. The constitution is fairly clear that ALL executives serve a term until the next AGM. It's also clear that the Past President does not always have to be the *immediate* past president, and finally on the subject of replacing the President it states that the President would become a sort of no-portfolio member of the Executive should they be somehow removed from that position.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast