Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

Default 3. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

Questions pertaining to procedure go here.

I just tried to post under the Transition agenda item. There was some type of box that moved too quickly for me to read, but I think it said something to the effect that the post had to be vetted or something - some delay in posting it for some reason. Can someone tell me what happened to my post ( it's not showing )??

Bob A

I now understand that all posts must be approved by a moderator before seeing the light of day. Is this being done because the meeting is open?? If so, we've had open meetings before without incident, as far as I'm aware. Wouldn't it be better to assume things will go well, as they have in prior meetings, and just allow govenors to post. They know the meeting is open, and will be on best behaviour.

Also, moderating and delaying posts interrupts the dialogue and back and forth of debate. Someone posts not knowing there is already a post being vetted that says the same thing. So then the two posts finally see the light of day, and behold, their duplicative. The second does not even repsond to the first, becasue the second poster had no idea there even was a first post. I believe it will downgrade the quality of the discussion. My 2 cents worth, assuming I do understand what is happening.

Bob A

What happened to the agenda item re the game viewer contract ( or whatever it is )? Should it not be on the agenda, with a note where the governors are to go to discuss it in camera?

Bob A

I think this moderating is not working. I posted 5 or 6 posts I think, hours ago, and none are yet posted.

If the public has come to this meeting, they will be appalled to see that governors are signed in and there is not one single post by a governor yet!

I think this idea has to be junked.

Bob A

Talking

Bob, I agree. I just got here, it is 10:20am, and we'll see when this post surfaces.
    I see Michael has just sent an email to Lyle to fix it.

Okay, looks like it has been fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    I think this moderating is not working. I posted 5 or 6 posts I think, hours ago, and none are yet posted.

If the public has come to this meeting, they will be appalled to see that governors are signed in and there is not one single post by a governor yet!

I think this idea has to be junked.

Bob A
    I agree. The moderating really kills the discussions.

Dear Governors - Hal here, on Michael's behalf. Michael is attending a classmate's funeral today and will only be moderating occasionally tonite. Hopefully Lyle can eliminate the need for it, as originally intended.

and it seems to be going on: I have just posted but my post is invisible as well.

Blog Entries

I am being moderated as well. At the last meeting some of my moderated posts never saw the light of day. I hope that will not be the case here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast