Thread: 2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia likely in October

Blog Entries

Default 2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia likely in October

Hello everyone,

As CFC masters representative I have been asked to develop a list of Canadian players who would be interested in playing in the 2013 Continental Championship in Bolivia. The tournament dates have not been set yet but in all likelihood will be sometime in October of 2013. In addition to the opportunities for norms this is a chance to qualify for the same World Cup tournament as the 2012 Continental where four spots were awarded. Presumably the same number of spots will be awarded in the 2013 tournament.

Interested individuals should email me vdrkulec@hotmail.com or express interest in this thread on the forum.

So far one individual has expressed interest. I will forward the name of anyone who expresses interest on to the CFC Executive who will make the decision. Please feel free to forward this to qualified individuals.

Vladimir Drkulec
    CFC Masters Representative
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 01-04-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Actually it was helpfully pointed out to me by Edward Porper that the tournament for the World Cup is in August of 2013. If the Continental is in October then this will obviously be too late to qualify for a tournament that has already been held. Edward has indicated that he understood that the Continental tournament will be in April. If this is in fact the case then some emails that I received on the topic suddenly start making sense.

I apologize for any confusion I might have caused but the purpose of my original post still stands. Among those who are eligible, who is interested in playing in this tournament? Thank you to Edward for promptly informing me of my mistake.