Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6b. Officer + Committee Reports - CFC Clubs Administrator

Default 6b. Officer + Committee Reports - CFC Clubs Administrator

CFC Clubs Administrator's Report goes here.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

After the passage of Motion 2013-C Affiliate Program Revamp (Pacey/Palsson) at the October 2012 online Governers meeting, I emailed Canadian chess clubs listed on the CFC's website. I imparted to them three pieces of information: first, news of the Affiliate Program Revamp; second, a link to 'Downloadable resources' on the CFC website, together with my noting that a free downloadable teaching manual was available there; third, a link to 'Chess Instructors' on the CFC website. I included the two links in the interest of spreading chess education in Canada, something recommended in the CFC Long-term Planning Committee's report at the 2012 online AGM.

I also private messaged or emailed 37 Canadian organizers (excluding CFC Governors) since the October online meeting, again imparting the same three pieces of information. I gave these pieces of information at one point on three Canadian chess message boards that I am aware of. I emailed Canadian chess instructors news of the Affiliate Program Revamp, and besides this, the CFC President included a description of the Affiliate Program Revamp in early November when he sent notice out to CFC members by email concerning the November issue of the CFC online Newsletter CCN.

I am currently awaiting any news of previously unlisted clubs (i.e. on the CFC website) that may have been discovered by the CFC Club Coordinator (John R. Brown), who is another non-CFC officer volunteer like myself (although John isn't a Governor like myself).

Clubs Administrator Kevin Pacey
    Ottawa
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 01-01-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Spacing

Blog Entries

Hi Kevin,

I have not received any of your messages. My "Golden Knights" chess club:
    http://64funsolutions.ca/
    is an active club in BC for many years.

Kind regards,
    Eugen
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Blog Entries

Hi Eugen

I didn't send such an email to your club as you were listed as the club's contact, and as a Governor I thought you would have been aware of all of the information I would have otherwise sent to you (e.g. the Affiliate Program Revamp was passed at the October meeting, and the downloadable teaching manual was mentioned by Vlad Drkulec at the 2012 online AGM).

I'll now send to you, as your club's contact, the email message I refer to in my first post of this thread, so that you may look at it.

Regards, Kevin

Blog Entries

I might mention for those CFC Executives updating the CFC website's information that Eugen's email address that is listed on the CFC website with him as the "Golden Knights" club contact is no longer valid (i.e. 'eugen@64funsolutions.ca' results in a bounced email); instead I found Eugen's current/valid email address by going to the "Golden Knights" website that he gave in his post above.
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 01-02-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    I might mention for those CFC Executives updating the CFC website's information that Eugen's email address that is listed on the CFC website with him as the "Golden Knights" club contact is no longer valid (i.e. 'eugen@64funsolutions.ca' results in a bounced email); instead I found Eugen's current/valid email address by going to the "Golden Knights" website that he gave in his post above.
    Thank you Kevin. I have emailed the office to update his email address.
    But for future reference, could I ask everyone to simply email the office with updated info at info@chess.ca
    That is the most efficient avenue to get stuff updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Thank you Kevin. I have emailed the office to update his email address.
    But for future reference, could I ask everyone to simply email the office with updated info at info@chess.ca
    That is the most efficient avenue to get stuff updated.
    Much of the time, website updates are passed on to either Fred or myself. If you choose, you may also contact either one of us directly. I have now updated the Golden Knights Junior Chess Club e-mail address.

Blog Entries

Thank you all for your help with the email address! I have forgotten to mention it since I have began an upgrade work project on the website. Sometimes little yet important details like this one slip through the cracks
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    I am currently awaiting any news of previously unlisted clubs (i.e. on the CFC website) that may have been discovered by the CFC Club Coordinator (John R. Brown).
    When you'll have a new clubs' list, work with a CCN editor to update Canadian Chess Links (pages 4 and 5)
    .*-1

The Montreal Chess League has a list of clubs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast