Thread: 5d. Executive Reports - Treasurer

Default 5d. Executive Reports - Treasurer

Treasurer's Report goes here.

Blog Entries

The most recent financial statements can be found at http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/..._31st_2012.pdf

Memberships are down a bit (mostly due to junior memberships not being enforced at the CYCC), Equipment sales also down slightly. We are accruing money for the 2012/13 financial audit. Office expenses up slightly - includes web amortization cost and site hosting fee.

Mostly on course.

Blog Entries

I thought the CYCC membership fiasco would hurt a bit. It would be nice if there was a year on year comparison so that we could see how much it hurt without having to dig through old emails or governors letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I thought the CYCC membership fiasco would hurt a bit. It would be nice if there was a year on year comparison so that we could see how much it hurt without having to dig through old emails or governors letters.
    Vlad, we certainly did take a hit. This was discussed at the executive level back in July, and according to my notes there were 109 kids playing at the CYCC without a current membership. It was difficult back then to put an exact number on the loss because some of them will renew memberships at a later date anyway. The worst (and highly unlikely) case scenario were none of them renew, loss is 109 x $24 = $2,616.

If we look at the membership levels as of Oct 1, 2012, Junior members = 385, whereas May 1st = 449.
    A drop of 64 kids. If we attribute all of that loss (i.e. all other factors netting to zero), then 64 x 24 = $1,536.

Now that's a lot of guess work, but it feels about right, IMHO. Anyway, we did tackle this issue at the Oct governors meeting, making it clear that membership is now required for future CYCC's.

When could we expect more details on Membership, Rating Fees:
    Membership - ordinary (adult), junior, etc
    Rating Fees - Regular, Junior, Rapid.
    .*-1