Thread: Calling all Arbiters

Default Calling all Arbiters

Effective January 1, 2013, all FIDE rated tournaments must be conducted by FIDE licensed Arbiters. These can be IA, FA, or National Arbiters.

A license fee shall be valid for life as long as you remain active, and ranges from 100-300 Euros based on your level.

I got that from the FIDE web site.

How is it going to work in Canada? Do I simply say that I want a licence and the invoice will come later? What are the specific details for us? When do we pay,

Quote Originally Posted by FIDE
    1. The Federation will send to FIDE Office ( office@fide.com) the list with all its Arbiters (IAs, FAs and national Arbiters) who will get the license.
    2. FIDE will send to the Federation the invoice with the license fees to be paid according to the regulations (art.6.3).
    3. The Federation will collect the fees and send them to FIDE.
    4. FIDE will send to the Federation the cards for its licensed Arbiters and the Arbiters will be eligible to conduct any FIDE rated tournament.

Since the Federations need to have licensed Arbiters for their first events of 2013, it is advisable to send to FIDE the lists with their Arbiters to be licensed not later than 5 December 2012, so that the Arbiters will get their license on time and before the tournament they will conduct will start.
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 10-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Wasn't a fee already paid when we first attained our titles? Why start taxing arbiters?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Actually the fee is 20Euros for National Arbiters.

We are still working on the logistics.

It is a double dip Chris. Consider yourself lucky that you aren't a FIDE trainer! Their licenses lapse every few years.

I gather the FIDE Arbiter's license expires if the arbiter becomes inactive. What is the definition of inactivity? Daily events? Monthly events? Yearly events?

You will need one suitable tournament per two years.

Hal,

I will take my licence. You can contact me with the details.

Blog Entries

Right, and I assume it's up to the individual arbiters to pay this, obviously the CFC can't afford this kind of hit...
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Canada has 25 FIDE titled Arbiters. The total cost would be 2 220 Euros to keep everybody active.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Right, and I assume it's up to the individual arbiters to pay this, obviously the CFC can't afford this kind of hit...

Hal: I mentioned this new FIDE requirement to Martin Jaeger. He would like
    to remain inactive. Thanks

Wilf Ferner