Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7. 2013-H Membership requirements for FIDE-rated events (Bond/McKim) -commentary only

Default 7. 2013-H Membership requirements for FIDE-rated events (Bond/McKim) -commentary only

Replace the wording of Section 7, p. 790h with the following: "All Canadian players who compete in a FIDE registered event must be members in good standing of the CFC, or possess a valid tournament passport prior to the start of the tournament."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael von Keitz View Post
    Replace the wording of Section 7, p. 790h with the following: "All Canadian players who compete in a FIDE registered event must be members in good standing of the CFC, or possess a valid tournament passport prior to the start of the tournament."
    a valid tournament passport

What is that? The Handbook gives 0 (zero) search results.
    .*-1

Hi Hal/Fred:

I agree with Egis - I don't recognize this term.

Is a tournament playing fee going to be acceptable? Or are you trying to prohibit it for FIDE-rated events?

Bob A

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Hal/Fred:

I agree with Egis - I don't recognize this term.

Is a tournament playing fee going to be acceptable? Or are you trying to prohibit it for FIDE-rated events?

Bob A
    The TPF was originally referred to as a tournament passport.

I can't see the existing wording because the CFC site is all screwy for me right now trying to read the handbook.

Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Default Explanations from movers of motion?

What are we doing here?

Is this motion an accommodation for the CFC/FQE agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I can't see the existing wording because the CFC site is all screwy for me right now trying to read the handbook.
    If you used Firefox as a browser, switch to other one (chome, IE) just to read the Handbook. The issue is with a very huge handbook file and Firefox inability to handle huge files.
    It would better to split a handbook into sections as before.

As for the motion:
    http://www.chess.ca/membership-rates talks about "Non-member tournament fees"
    If the motion would pass, the mentioned webpage should be updated too, and the somewhere a description of the Passport must be given.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

The motion clarifies that someone can play in a FIDE rated event with a tournament membership (yes, yes, I know this isn't the right name .... but we are all having trouble coming up with an acceptable one - on the CFC web site membership page, I called it a non-member tournament fee).

How many Non-member tournament fees did we collect last year? How many of those were in FIDE rated tournaments.

I do not see the usefulness of the motion because nobody can play a CFC rated tournament without a membership and all FIDE rated competitions must also be CFC rated.

Do we want to say that a Canadian player cannot play in a FIDE rated tournament anywhere in the world without a CFC membership?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    Do we want to say that a Canadian player cannot play in a FIDE rated tournament anywhere in the world without a CFC membership?
    Technically this is actually a FIDE rule, that someone must be a member in good standing of their national federation.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

It makes sense to me that if a Canadian wants to play internationally under the Canadian flag ( = member of the Canadian Federation ), then he should have a valid CFC membership.

Bob A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast