Thread: 5e. Youth Coordinator's Report

Default 5e. Youth Coordinator's Report

Youth Coordinator Report here.

Arrow Youth Co report - short but sweet ...

Right now I am in the throes of organizing our team / delegation going to the WYCC (World Youth Chess Championships) in Slovenia this November.

We have about 50 people in our delegation!

We have a Head of Delegation selected and he is shouldering a lot of the work himself - Thanks Andrew Giblon! - always a great organizer and worker for the team!

We have 2 coaches selected this year - FM Andrew Peredun who was one of the coaches for the team last year as well and IM Edward Porper who just came back from the Olympiad.

The team has a website (domain and hosting donated by me) at: www.canada2wycc.ca and a facebook page (also linked off of the site).

Have a look at the site, send the link to all your chess contacts, both those that play and those that might be interested in supporting Team Canada! If you have a FaceBook account, please "Like" the site (there is a Facebook link on the main page of the site) and also go to our Facebook page (also a link for that on the site). We are also looking for support for the team - there is a PayPal donation button that deposits your donation directly to the CFC Youth fund for this purpose on the site too!

On a similar note: We will be having a problem with organizing the WYCC team next year as the 2013 WYCC has been scheduled much earlier - August - and our CYCC is in July. Usually, registrations need to be in to the organizers at least 2-3 months in advance of the event!! I will be looking for creative solutions to this problem!
    Please offer your suggestions either here or to me directly at:
    patrick(at)psmcd.net

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald
    International Arbiter
    International Organizer