Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

Default 4. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

Ask questions here.

Blog Entries

7 hours after the start of the meeting, and we only have 2/11 reports (and not even a thread for a President's Report). It should be a requirement that all reports should be submitted prior to the start of the meeting.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Chris,

please check the security of the forum. My report is waiting for a moderator to approve it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    Chris,

please check the security of the forum. My report is waiting for a moderator to approve it.
    I think it's a leftover from the messy way the AGM was handled in the forums. Seems to be the 2012-2013 "new" governors having problems.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I think it's a leftover from the messy way the AGM was handled in the forums. Seems to be the 2012-2013 "new" governors having problems.
    My postings are being moderated as well and I have been a governor since 2011.

Unhappy commentary about commentaries

I find many of the commentary threads start off with very brief text, necessitating the reader going to read, for example, the handbook section that is proposed to be modified.

In the past, we tended to have "before", "after", "rationale" sections, saving us all time.

I am not a new Governor, but I am a new Governor at Large. All my posts are still moderated and my access to private message is still offline.

Thank you for unblocking my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post

I will be out of town for a couple of weeks as of Thursday afternoon, and may not have internet access during the voting period. Is there any "advance poll" or something similar, or do I lose my vote(s)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    I will be out of town for a couple of weeks as of Thursday afternoon, and may not have internet access during the voting period. Is there any "advance poll" or something similar, or do I lose my vote(s)?
    You can e-mail Lyle.

Hard to say why exactly but the meeting goes very very silently (not much exchange of opinions). Maybe because it became public, maybe that items are too obvious, and many Governors will go directly to polls (or a turkey dinner)
    .*-1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast