Thread: 11. Results of voting

Default 11. Results of voting

Governors, here are the results of voting in the Budget Meeting

10a) Voting Booth: Ratification of 2012 Budget'

I support the 2012-13 budget, as presented.

Yes (21) Bob Gillanders Chris Felix Christopher Field Ellen Nadeau Félix Dumont Francisco Cabanas Garvin Nunes Hal Bond Halldor P. Palsson Ilia Bluvshtein Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Kevin Pacey Lyle Craver Marc Poulin Marcus Wilker Patrick McDonald Paul Leblanc Pierre Dénommée Rob Clark Vladimir Drkulec

No (0)

Abstain (7) Aris Marghetis Christopher Mallon Michael Barron Michael von Keitz Rick Pedersen Robert Laszlo Valer Eugen Demian

MOTION CARRIED

10b) Voting Booth: Ratification of Amended FQE-CFC Agreement'

I support the amended FQE-CFC Agreement.

Yes (28) Aris Marghetis Bob Gillanders Chris Felix Christopher Field Christopher Mallon Egidijus Zeromskis Ellen Nadeau Félix Dumont Francisco Cabanas Fred McKim Garvin Nunes Hal Bond Halldor P. Palsson Ilia Bluvshtein Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Kevin Pacey Les Bunning Lyle Craver Marc Poulin Marcus Wilker Michael Barron Patrick McDonald Paul Leblanc Pierre Dénommée Rick Pedersen Robert Laszlo Vladimir Drkulec

Abstain (1) Michael von Keitz

No (1) Valer Eugen Demian

MOTION CARRIED

10c) Voting Booth: Election of FQE Trust Trustees (Poll 1)'

On the question of having a Chair for the Trust, I feel:

there should be a voting Chair. (9) Aris Marghetis Egidijus Zeromskis Ellen Nadeau Félix Dumont Hal Bond Ilia Bluvshtein Kevin Pacey Michael Barron Vladimir Drkulec

abstain. (9) Bob Gillanders Francisco Cabanas Hugh Brodie Marc Poulin Marcus Wilker Michael von Keitz Patrick McDonald Rob Clark Valer Eugen Demian

there should be a non-voting Chair. (9) Chris Felix Christopher Field Christopher Mallon Fred McKim Halldor P. Palsson Ken Einarsson Lyle Craver Pierre Dénommée Robert Laszlo

there should be no Chair. (3) Garvin Nunes Ken Craft Paul Leblanc

POLL CONSIDERED FEEDBACK FOR THE TRUSTEES

10c) Voting Booth: Election of FQE Trust Trustees (Poll 2) - if Voting Chair'

Should there be a voting Chair of the FQE Fund, I support Marc Poulin in that role.

Yes (14)

No (4)

Abstain (9)

10c) Voting Booth: Election of FQE Trust Trustees (Poll 3) - if Non-Voting Chair'

Should there be a non-voting Chair of the Fund, I support Marc Poulin in that role.

Yes (19)

No (1)

Abstain (8)

10d) Voting Booth: Vote on Making October Quarterly Meeting Public'

I support the proceedings of the October Quarterly Meeting being made public.

Yes (22) Bob Gillanders Christopher Field Christopher Mallon Egidijus Zeromskis Ellen Nadeau Fred McKim Garvin Nunes Hal Bond Hugh Brodie Ilia Bluvshtein Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Les Bunning Marcus Wilker Michael Barron Patrick McDonald Pierre Dénommée Rick Pedersen Rob Clark Robert Laszlo Valer Eugen Demian Vladimir Drkulec

No (3) Aris Marghetis Halldor P. Palsson Paul Leblanc

Abstain (4) Kevin Pacey Lyle Craver Marc Poulin Michael von Keitz

MOTION CARRIED
    Last edited by Michael von Keitz; 08-08-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Default Result of straw vote

9. STRAW POLL: FEN Books and Equipment Contract

On the issue of FEN's contract, I:

Support a formal contract extension. (9) Christopher Field Garvin Nunes Gordon Ritchie Halldor P. Palsson Ilia Bluvshtein Ken Einarsson Pierre Dénommée Rob Clark Vladimir Drkulec

Support the issuance of an RFP. (4) Bob Armstrong Hal Bond Michael Barron Robert Laszlo

Support neither of the options provided. (2) Christopher Mallon Egidijus Zeromskis

Abstain. (5) Bob Gillanders Kevin Pacey Michael von Keitz Patrick McDonald Paul Leblanc

Default Ratification of womens coordinator - results

'5. Women's Coordinator - Ratification'

I support Iulia Lacau-Rodean for CFC Women's Coordinator.

Yes (24)

Abstain (1)

MOTION CARRIED - congratulations to our new Women's Coordinator!
    Last edited by Michael von Keitz; 08-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.

I am moving to appeal the Chair's ruling on the binding nature of FQE/CFC agreement Chair vote.

Just a minute folks!

We are proposing to change the makeup of the Trust created by the CFC/FQE agreement by adding a chairperson. Do we not need this to be ratified by the FQE?

It was also not part of the motion of the amended FQE/CFC agreement that we ratified. It should have been treated as an amemndment to this motion so that those voting on the amended agreement could either support or reject it and then vote on the FQE/CFC agreement as amended (by adding some type of ) or not. Instead we voted on the FQE/CFC agreement (as amended by the FQE) and then participated in some sort of parallele process where we were asked to decide if we favoured a non-voting chair, a chair, no chair and then were asked to vote on an individual to be our candidate for this position in the eventuality that either of those votes passed. To say the least that process was extremely flawed and should not be binding. Instead the four trustees should determine whether or not they want to avail themselves of the services of a chair, be s/he be voting or non-voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    It was also not part of the motion of the amended FQE/CFC agreement that we ratified. It should have been treated as an amemndment to this motion so that those voting on the amended agreement could either support or reject it and then vote on the FQE/CFC agreement as amended (by adding some type of ) or not. Instead we voted on the FQE/CFC agreement (as amended by the FQE) and then participated in some sort of parallele process where we were asked to decide if we favoured a non-voting chair, a chair, no chair and then were asked to vote on an individual to be our candidate for this position in the eventuality that either of those votes passed. To say the least that process was extremely flawed and should not be binding. Instead the four trustees should determine whether or not they want to avail themselves of the services of a chair, be s/he be voting or non-voting.
    Thank you Ken.
    I was returning to my keyboard to say something similar.
    We were voting to ratify the agreement, but concurrently voting to amend it.
    I would think the vote on the chairperson issue is thus "out of order".

ps. Reading Michael's closing remarks, I see he acknowledges the issue of chairperson needs to be approved by the FQE. That satisfies my concerns.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 08-08-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    It was also not part of the motion of the amended FQE/CFC agreement that we ratified.

To say the least that process was extremely flawed and should not be binding. Instead the four trustees should determine whether or not they want to avail themselves of the services of a chair, be s/he be voting or non-voting.
    Process flawed? Probably. Consider this a recommendation to the Trustees, as opposed to binding? Not a problem.

I will rescind the otherwise irrelevant tiebreak vote and leave the decision to them.

Blog Entries

Presumably as a CFC Governor, Marc is reading this and as FQE President will notify us once the two FQE trustees are selected.

He can let the FQE know that we are quite prepared to accept him as a non-voting Chair of the committee, if that's something the FQE is interested in.

If he intends to be one of the two FQE representatives, perhaps Hugh Brodie would be a good "neutral" person to act as a non-voting Chair.

I'm going to close this thread and deflect further commentary to the private governors' forum. Feedback on who will be serving as the FQE's Trustees, and what the four Trustees decided on the question of there being a Chair, will be provided as soon as it has been resolved.