• there should be a non-voting Chair.

9 30.00%
  • there should be a voting Chair.

9 30.00%
  • there should be no Chair.

3 10.00%
  • abstain.

9 30.00%

Thread: 10c) Voting Booth: Election of FQE Trust Trustees (Poll 1)

Default 10c) Voting Booth: Election of FQE Trust Trustees (Poll 1)

Gordon Ritchie and Rob Clark have been acclaimed as the CFC Trustees for the Fund. Please vote in the poll above, pertaining to the question of having a Chair.

Given that this was not raised prior to the meeting might I suggest this be considered a straw poll. The 3 options + the large number of abstentions are reason for concern. Maybe informal talks with the FQE should take place and both groups consider the same proposal simultaneously. As well, since this wasn't broached prior to this budget meeting deciding a name for a chair position if it should exist causes me some concerns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Given that this was not raised prior to the meeting might I suggest this be considered a straw poll. The 3 options + the large number of abstentions are reason for concern. Maybe informal talks with the FQE should take place and both groups consider the same proposal simultaneously. As well, since this wasn't broached prior to this budget meeting deciding a name for a chair position if it should exist causes me some concerns.
    Yes. If we choose to have a chair, this would complicate the agreement. Having said that I voted for a non-voting chair and later for Marc. I assume they (the FQE) would be fine with this.

A voting chair would drastically alter the terms of the agreement.

My point is we should not have been voting on this topic at this meeting. October would be fine.

I'm considering this poll as binding. Given the deadlock and surrounding commentary, I'll cast my tiebreak vote to make this a non-voting Chair.