Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chess Canada Webzine

Exclamation

heh

"...The traditional astrological meaning assigned to Mercury going "retrograde" in the sky is that one should prepare for and gird themselves for unexpected delays, frustrations, and surprises in everyday life. This includes everyday routines in commerce, commuting back and forth to work, and in one's communications..."

http://thezodiac.com/mercuryretro.htm

Default Webzine Updating?

I have seen posted a couple of times that Vince Chow is shooting to update the webzine weekly. Is this going to be done on a regular basis, on a specific day, like the ratings update on Wednesdays? The webzine came onstream on Monday, Jan. 19. Is it intended to update it on Monday, Jan. 26?

Bob

Smile It's schnaz-tacular.

I asked a friend what he thought of the new webzine.

Well, his answer was it's schnaz-tacular. I think that is a good thing !! Look that one up in your Funk & Wagnalls.

I'm not sure what the update schedule will be yet. It will depend on the frequency and quantity of new articles. I will discuss with Vince and let you know.

Default a thumbnail photo would also be nice

Like many newspaper columnists, a thumbnail photo of the author along with their name would be great.

Also, In Hans excellent article there was a game, it would be nice to have a gameviewer next to the article to play through it, as not all of us can play blindfold.

I like the small junior report ending with the link to the Manitoba site and I hope many more small articles will be posted with links to the BC online magazine, SCC magazine and other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lohner
    Basically it is impossible to buy a membership via the website right now!
    February 14: the same sh...

---
    New? Please Provide Your Billing Information
    {provided}
    Submit

Answer:
    "You are not authorised to view this resource.
    You need to login."
    ---

Within fifteen minutes no email and I can not see any FAQ. Thus a membership was not renewed. Yes, I am frustrated
    .*-1

Unhappy Buying memberships

Buying memberships via new webzine site isn't as user friendly as it should be. I just tried renewing my membership, and system wants to charge me for shipping, that's not correct.

I will review with Vince, and we'll get it fixed. In the meantime, the system via the legacy site is still working okay, or you could simply mail a cheque to

Chess Federation of Canada
    PO Box 4790, Station E
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1S 5H9

Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders
    In the meantime, the system via the legacy site is still working okay
    I hope it worked
    .*-1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234