View Poll Results: I support Ottawa's bid for the 2013 CYCC and 2013 Canadian Open

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 88.24%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

4 11.76%

Thread: 9. Event Bids - Voting

Default 9. Event Bids - Voting

Please cast your ballot. Voting closes at approximately 9pm EST on July 8th.

Has anyone checked with the FQE for the dates of the 2013 Quebec Open? The last weekend of the proposed Canadian Open dates may overlap the first weekend of the Quebec Open. I believe an arrangement was made when a previous Ottawa Canadian Open overlapped - in which players that wished to play in both events could receive 3 byes for the first 3 rounds (1 Saturday; 2 Sunday) of the Quebec Open.

If I haven't heard any confirmation of this before the closing of voting, I will abstain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    Has anyone checked with the FQE for the dates of the 2013 Quebec Open? The last weekend of the proposed Canadian Open dates may overlap the first weekend of the Quebec Open. I believe an arrangement was made when a previous Ottawa Canadian Open overlapped - in which players that wished to play in both events could receive 3 byes for the first 3 rounds (1 Saturday; 2 Sunday) of the Quebec Open.

If I haven't heard any confirmation of this before the closing of voting, I will abstain.
    The Quebec Open will be held from July 20-27, so there would be a schedule conflict. It would be great for both tournaments if the Canadian Open could take place a few days earlier....

Is there a problem with the website? I had posted a reply to this thread but it has disappeared.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Les Bunning View Post
    Is there a problem with the website? I had posted a reply to this thread but it has disappeared.
    Hi Les

Just a hunch, but maybe you're mixing up what you think is missing with what you actually posted already under the thread further below that's titled:

9. Event Bids - submission and discussion

[edit: the only other possibility I can think of would be that any post that would advocate voting one way or another might not be allowed in a voting booth thread such as this one]
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 07-07-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Question Vote

I have voted accordingly with the fact there's no clarification on how many rounds and days CYCC 2013 will have. This is a surprise to me considering these are important elements to determine the validity of a bid.

If there's a place where this has been clarified, please provide a link. I could not see anything and today is Jul 8, 2012 16:45 Pacific time.
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8