Aside from reservations expressed by Vlad Drkulec and Bob Armstrong, there are any number of other things that might bother me about this or possibly any Governors Ethics and Code of Conduct that might be proposed, especially such as:

1) In the April online meeting, Chris Mallon wrote (about an earlier version of a Governors Ethics and Code of Conduct put forward):

Anything in there that's actually worth having is already no doubt part of the non-profit corporation law.

Has the non-profit corporation law been investigated by anyone in this regard?

2) More importantly, the removal of Governors (which may be a possible penalty imposed by a given version of a Governors Ethics and Code of Conduct), as I understand it, has been up until now at least a matter for provincial associations (or their leagues), which in practice normally (or always?) occured in effect via elections/appointments made at that level (note that this might clash with anything found in the non-profit corporation law, for all I know). I think this is the right way to do things, as I explained at length in the recent OCA [edit: online] meeting.