Thread: CYCC 2012: 184 pre-registered players on June 19th

Default CYCC 2012: 184 pre-registered players on June 19th

Please let me know if you see any mistakes on pre-register list.

One of the things that I would like to mention, is that is the first time when we have a girl registered in the boys section at CYCC (there were mixt sections before - so the girls did not have a choice).

Andrei

Congratulations on your excellent turnout.

I was under the impression that the CYCC divisions have been "open" and girls" for quite a few years. The Ontario YCC had at least one girl play in the "open section", which led to a subsequent controversy... but that's a long story.

Default Open/girls section

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman View Post
    Congratulations on your excellent turnout.

Thank you John.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman View Post
    I was under the impression that the CYCC divisions have been "open" and girls" for quite a few years. The Ontario YCC had at least one girl play in the "open section", which led to a subsequent controversy... but that's a long story.
    This year BC-YCC had 2 girls playing in Open sections even if there were girls sections only. Like I mentioned, is the first time at CYCC, as far as I remember, that a girl decide to play in the Open section when the girls section also exist.

Base on existing rules, there is no problem for a girl to switch from Open (during provincial YCC) to Girls (during CYCC), but I believe that they cannot change sections between CYCC and WYCC (or maybe they can, but I don't know).

Also the controversy, was regarding CYCC EF bursary money not the acceptance in to CYCC.