Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 18) Budget

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    - $125 bursaries to Noritsyn and Gerzhoy for the upcoming Olympiad.
    IMHO, we should support both Olympiad teams + supporting personals.
    Thus, if we can afford $250, then let it be for the Olympic fund without personalizing for whom.
    .*-1

Far better idea Egis, I just wanted to get something in with voting starting tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Can we see an actual full budget without having to look across multiple posts on multiple pages of different threads? That will give us a better idea what we're voting on and talking about.

I would like to see income (from at least 2 sources that I know of), expenses (league rebates, tourney support, equipment renewal, etc) all in the same place.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    -$500 OCA team Championship- this will need funding
    I support funding the OCA team championship. If it is genuinely "hoped for," and since it is part of OCA's mandate, it should be funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Wilker View Post
    I support funding the OCA team championship. If it is genuinely "hoped for," and since it is part of OCA's mandate, it should be funded.
    I would like to see an OCA team championship, but with the relative remoteness of EOCA and especially NOCL, I cannot see how that truly happens. Therefore, I would prefer to see a kick-a.. proposal before allocating any funding to it. Just not convinced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I would like to see an OCA team championship, but with the relative remoteness of EOCA and especially NOCL, I cannot see how that truly happens. Therefore, I would prefer to see a kick-a.. proposal before allocating any funding to it. Just not convinced yet.
    Same feelings. The latest ON Open gave the same taste.
    Maybe the support should be team/players based.
    .*-1

If there is any shot at the OCA team championships working, they should receive funding. Additionally, in terms of the distances, having games held over the internet is something I've heard mentioned. A strong club in NOCL (Sudbury) had indicated very strong interest in the championship though and was willing to make the drive down. Although, I think the internet games thing can be done well too, possibly with having webcams etc to give a little more credibility to the event if we go that direction. I suppose the way I see it is that we put the funding into it, if for whatever reason it falls through we have an extra $500 for chess the following year. I think most people do think that its a really neat event and I want to see it go forward in some form. I know SWOCL is having their series of team challenges right now in preparation for it. So I want to see it go forward in some form.

I consider the previous Ontario Open a huge success. Not too long ago Thunder Bay and the surrounding areas used to have hundreds of players, for the first time in years we had a CFC rated tournament. Bridges needed to be mended there and the Ontario Open helped that.

I'll get the ball rolling on this.

3) As I understand it 2,349.00 is to be distributed among the leagues for 2012.

NOCL has .0476 of the membership equivalents
    EOCA has .189
    GTCL has .4569
    SWOCL has .3065

All are rounded but exact numbers used in calculations

Therefore the leagues would receive the following:
    NOCL- $120
    EOCA- $450
    GTCL- $1080
    SWOCL- $720

Total $2370 in league rebates for 2012. The constitution says we round to the nearest $10.

4) All expenditures were approved at last years AGM.

5) Working that one out now.

6) Pretty well, seniors and womens amounts are still to be paid but OYCC, OHSCC and Ontario Open were all paid.

Brett is more qualified to answer the other questions than I am. As well I will ask him to give what I've wrote a quick once over. Please everyone, understand this is just my speculation as I will ask Brett to confirm this to ensure that I did not err. As I have said he is the one who is knowledgeable about this.

Default Budget

Thanks Rob for the answer on breakdown by league.

Can we get a complete draft budget from Brett?

Bill

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast