Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 17)Review of chess activity in Ontario and proposed activity for the next fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Aris,

Why do you want to exclude GTCL from crafting the resolution???
    Oh, I am sorry Michael, I really did not mean it that way. So far, I had only had detailed exchanges about this with Chris and Rob, and I did not think of what leagues they were from, only that they were interested in discussing in detail. So, I figured the three most involved people so far, could compile a proposal that EVERYONE would have a say about.

Does that sound more palatable? I really did not mean to exclude the GTCL, or anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Oh, I am sorry Michael, I really did not mean it that way. So far, I had only had detailed exchanges about this with Chris and Rob, and I did not think of what leagues they were from, only that they were interested in discussing in detail. So, I figured the three most involved people so far, could compile a proposal that EVERYONE would have a say about.

Does that sound more palatable? I really did not mean to exclude the GTCL, or anyone.
    Thank you, Aris!

Please use this Forum to compile a proposal - this way really EVERYONE could participate.
    And please don't dismiss my contribution - even if you're personally disagree...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

I think the OCA should maintain the tournament list with Open weekend events (in terms not clubs' regular events happening every weekday): for promotion reasons, and try to avoid an overlapping.

IMHO, there is possibilities to use open calendars like Google Calendar which probably works on most of handheld devices.

(it is not a new idea, I discussed that long time ago with several organizers that there was a need of it. I hoped that the new CFC website would provide more options for provincials associations, though it did not materialized. Thus, the OCA should go own way.)
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    I think the OCA should maintain the tournament list with Open weekend events (in terms not clubs' regular events happening every weekday): for promotion reasons, and try to avoid an overlapping.

IMHO, there is possibilities to use open calendars like Google Calendar which probably works on most of handheld devices.

(it is not a new idea, I discussed that long time ago with several organizers that there was a need of it. I hoped that the new CFC website would provide more options for provincials associations, though it did not materialized. Thus, the OCA should go own way.)
    Egis, I think its a great idea. I know you have some computer skills, would you be willing to work with Zaghi to implement this on the website? I am hoping to update the website and would like to approach some organizations about sponsorship.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345