Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
OK, but that brings up 2 concerns for me :

1) If a league declines, with your open bid idea, there would be a 67% chance of the same region holding the Ontario Open 2 years in a row (either with last or next year).
I don't see that as a huge issue... and the Governors are able to select a bid if there are competing bids.

2) We kind of attempted the open bid last year, but the EOCA never heard about it before SWOCL won it. I do not know if GTCL went through anything similar. With our established Regional VPs, it should be pretty straightforward to cycle through the leagues. In any case, the odds will be astronomically low that more than one league (and would it ever be anyone other than NOCL) would decline. Therefore, I am reticent to set up a process that overy emphasizes the lowest-chance-of-occurrence scenario?
Actually one recent year SWOCL basically declined, although not really their fault.

P.S. If a league passes on their bid, then I would definitely exclude them from any more bidding that year.
This assumes that all TDs are "in" with their league, which may or may not be the case.

Regardless, a bid will be set over 6 MONTHS before the actual event!
You'll never see me bidding on that. I took about 16 months to prepare for my Ontario Open in 2004 - 4 months before bidding and then a year after bidding. Forcing a short timeframe is just asking for inferior events.