Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 11b) Motion 2012-A - Governor Allocations

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Much as in a real life discussion, in such a large thread not every single word or sentence is necessarily noticed.

That's a huge flaw in the constitution -forget the junior ratios, why should ratios of non-paying members affect the rebate portions to the leagues?
    With OCA life members, the thinking is that they have already paid their dues in a one time lump sum so that's why they are counted as full regular members. With honorary, well, that one personally I have a bit of a harder time justifying. However, I suppose the argument can be made that they are entitled to a regular membership (and all the perks which a regular membership is seen as having) through contributions to Canadian/Ontarian chess. It is sad that this is coming up so late in the meeting. Although, it may look like we will be forced to have another meeting.

If the motion fails I will form a committee to determine and give some insight as to whether the membership equivalents are correct now or should be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    If the motion fails I will form a committee to determine and give some insight as to whether the membership equivalents are correct now or should be adjusted.
    I think we should do that, either way, even if the motion passes. I agree with what you said earlier, that many here are not clear in their understanding - myself included.

Are there any volunteers for such a committee?

Blog Entries

I'm willing to assist in the complete re-working of Section 8, so that the calculation of Governors is separated from the calculation of fee rebates to the leagues.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617