Thread: 6e. Long-term Planning Committee Report

Default 6e. Long-term Planning Committee Report

Vlad Drkulec will deliver his report below.

Blog Entries

The long term planning committee had a very productive face to face meeting at the end of the February Guelph ProAm. We developed a broad outline of a strategic plan starting with the CFC that we would like to see in a decade. We also passed around some documents of similar plans developed for another country's chess federation (England). I expect that we will have one or two more face to face meetings before presenting a preliminary strategic (or long term) plan prior to the July annual meeting. Health issues prevented me from travelling for a third weekend of chess in a row in Hamilton in March where we might have continued our work last month but I have managed to get health issues under control again and could see having another meeting at the end of the Guelph olympic fundraiser tournament or an upcoming Toronto or Kitchener (OYCC) event this month or next (or maybe all of the above). The Guelph June ProAm may be a potential venue for the wrap up meeting prior to submitting our final product which can be modified further once we've heard from the governors at the annual general meeting. We seem to be well on track.

Vladimir Drkulec
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 04-07-2012 at 02:23 AM.