Whereas the fundraising for the 2012 Olympiad may not cover all costs of sending our teams, and that every effort will be made to minimize the costs of our delegation, BIRT that the CFC will cover any shortfall associated with the project.

Discussion - the Olympic fundraising is underway, but the outcome is uncertain. We can no longer issue tax receipts. For the previous Olymiad we asked the Women's team to basically underwrite their own costs, and in the end we were able to pay for them. However this decision was contraversial and at least two elite players declined because of this risk.

I believe that demonstrating our commitment to the Olympiad will have a favourable impact on the fundraising campaign. Bob Gillanders estimated a $5,000 shortfall in the 2013 budget which is reasonable. We are looking at 10 players and one funded captain (a second captain may accompany the delegation and receive free room and board). Today Transat Airlines has tickets for less than $1100.

A rough sketch of the budget is:

11 tickets $12100
entry fees 540
visas @$170 1870
FIDE Rep 1100
total $ 15610

I have reasonable chances at a Sector Arbiter position, which will cover my plane ticket. If I am re-elected as FIDE Rep the budget may be reduced accordingly.

Hal