Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 7. Motion 2012-H TDOCP Motion

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Otherwise, the CFC won't always be able to do much to prevent someone with a TD/organizer certificate that is no longer valid from showing it around, it seems to me.
    Stamping a TD/organizer certificate with a date by which a new License fee must be paid would solve this, it occurs to me now. Then when the fee is paid, a new certificate with a new Licence fee renewal date can be sent to the given title holder.

Blog Entries

Presumably the CFC would have on its website a record of those people who have such titles (AND have paid their Licence fee on time). If someone didn't pay their Licence fee, presumably their name would be removed from the list of people with titles.

In the case of RTDs and NTDs, sponsors, organizers, players, parents, the media or anyone else can verify whether their title is still valid by looking on the website. In the case of organizers with titles, sponsors, TDs, fellow organizers, players, parents, the media or anyone else can verify whether their titles are still valid. Otherwise, the CFC won't always be able to do much to prevent someone with a TD/organizer certificate that is no longer valid from showing it around, it seems to me.
    TDs and TOs already create income for the CFC by selling memberships and generating rated games. I have a really, REALLY big problem with the CFC running a cash grab against them.

If the CFC was providing some kind of service in return, that would be different, but your name being on some list on the website that virtually nobody will look at anyway doesn't quite cut it in my book.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    TDs and TOs already create income for the CFC by selling memberships and generating rated games. I have a really, REALLY big problem with the CFC running a cash grab against them.

If the CFC was providing some kind of service in return, that would be different, but your name being on some list on the website that virtually nobody will look at anyway doesn't quite cut it in my book.
    I have to agree with Chris. Whereas I would really like to see a structured Organizer/TD setup, I am very uncomfortable with given how relatively sparse this motion is, at the same time also including the fee. It makes it look like a cash grab, which seems not right.

If I may suggest, let's start structuring first, and if ever any fees seem appropriate, we consider them then. Back to just the structuring part, I am just uneasy with this motion.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Agreement

Stamping a TD/organizer certificate with a date by which a new License fee must be paid would solve this, it occurs to me now. Then when the fee is paid, a new certificate with a new Licence fee renewal date can be sent to the given title holder.
    I am in agreement with Christopher and Aris: right now this looks like a cash grab from those who do the work anyway, receiving no support from the organization charging the fee.

You need to provide service/ support for anything you require a fee. It does not even matter if the TDs organize a 4 player RR, or a 200+ tournament. ANY such local tournament receives no help on the organizational part from CFC anyway, so why charge a TD licence fee?
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

There should be a service. The Quebec billiard Federation offer a mandatory TD service ta all organizers. The organizer calls the Federation which sends a TD. So organizers no longer need to be a certified TD. This is a service and it separates the organization from the direction which could encourage more organizers to jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by Valer Eugen Demian View Post
    You need to provide service/ support for anything you require a fee. It does not even matter if the TDs organize a 4 player RR, or a 200+ tournament. ANY such local tournament receives no help on the organizational part from CFC anyway, so why charge a TD licence fee?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345