Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

In fact Hugh will be here for the Grand Pacific Open!
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think that covers all the options... you might be FOR amendment, FOR motion with amendment but AGAINST motion without amendment.
    Yes, I cheated a little, assuming that in this particular case the amendment would have no effect on a governor's opinion of the original motion, although I intentionally said "something like" as opposed to just "will be," as I was hoping to come up with something more appropriate. What Lyle has implemented was another solution I had considered, but it introduces the possibility of spoiled ballots, which is a situation that might best be prevented. Keeping the vote to a single poll is ideal, but it's difficult to cover every contingency when you're tied to only 10 options. The alternative would have been to extend the meeting, I suppose, but I don't like that option either. For future reference, is it possible for the administrators to allow for more polling options?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael von Keitz View Post
    For future reference, is it possible for the administrators to allow for more polling options?
    Ask and ye shall receive. Poll options are now unlimited, but hopefully that doesn't get abused...
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive. Poll options are now unlimited, but hopefully that doesn't get abused...
    Wow! I obviously would have asked from the get-go, if I knew this was possible. Thanks, Chris!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234