Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

I'm happy with making the proceedings of this meeting open to everyone. If that isn't going to happen, I believe this meeting should be restricted to Governors.

The issue is regarding Roger Patterson, who did all the research and development for the new rating bonus formula. He does not have access to the discussion since he is not a governor. We can work around the access issue if I relay any technical questions offline to Roger. It will introduce a delay to the discussion of course but I'm willing to do it.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
    The issue is regarding Roger Patterson, who did all the research and development for the new rating bonus formula. He does not have access to the discussion since he is not a governor. We can work around the access issue if I relay any technical questions offline to Roger. It will introduce a delay to the discussion of course but I'm willing to do it.
    That certainly is acceptable to me, and I think most governors would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I've been asked by the President to give a non-Governor access to the forums because he may have something to add to one of the discussions.

Given that the Governors have voted to keep meetings private - repeatedly - and given the new, much more stringent, rules and oversight coming in for Non-Profits, I'm very uncomfortable being asked to break the rules, especially when there is no grey area - two governor votes ( at least ) plus precedent of involved non-Governors having to participate via the public forum.
    To clarify, what I was ideally hoping for was that Roger Patterson could be granted restricted access to the thread in question, which I'm not certain is possible in the first place. It's difficult imagining that conversation going beyond the technical and I hardly think any governor would have an issue with his presence there (and only there).

I would like to be able to see that happen but do not know how given the software

Blog Entries

Sure, you could do it. You could create a second forum for the meeting containing only that thread, and give him special access to that forum. Apparently there is fear of people's head exploding if we have more than one forum to look at, however
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Sure, you could do it. You could create a second forum for the meeting containing only that thread, and give him special access to that forum. Apparently there is fear of people's head exploding if we have more than one forum to look at, however
    Guys, lets avoid anyone head from exploding. An easy low tech solution is within grasp. Somebody (Paul has already volunteered) simply copies the recent posts into a pdf file and emails it to Roger. Do this maybe twice a day for the duration of the meeting. Simple, eh. Roger can email any posts he wants to make to Paul who posts on his behalf.

This is similar to what I did for the competing organizers (Toronto & Richmond Hill) who were bidding on the CYCC2011. I wanted the organizers to speak "directly" to the governors.

Now, a separate issue. I still don't have the permissions necessary to open new threads. We have a motion from the floor (2- vs. 3-person committee) that should perhaps be under discussion presently and an amendment to a motion (cap at 2199) that has a mover/seconder and should have been up for vote as of yesterday. We also have requests for additional threads under new business and that agenda item 6 be split over multiple threads. I attempted to contact Lyle privately, but no success. Given that he's been active in the meeting in the interim, I'm hoping he sees this message and acts immediately. As I've said before, I would do it myself, if someone were to give me the permissions to do so.

Default Opening of Voting on Motions?

Handbook, Section 2, Rules and Regulations, Para 22A - On-line Meeting Rules

(3) The Role of the Posting Secretary:

(iv) Motions – .... No voting on motions can occur until after 9:00PM on the 4th, to allow for initial discussion, and the filing of amending motions. After voting on motions has commenced, there can be no amending of the motion. .....

Voting has generally started at 9:00 PM EDT tonight ( the 4th day ) under the above paragraph of the Handbook. Is that the plan, or has there been a rescheduling?

Personally, I'd like votiing to start because I will be going away for the Easter weekend early Fri. AM, and will not be accessing a computer until my return early on Monday morning ( and generally the meeting closes on Saturday night - the 7th day ).

Thx.

Bob A

I have a similar problem as Bob. I'm leaving town tomorrow morning (Thursday, April 5), and may not have access to a computer until the 15th.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast