Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Board Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    Hi Bob,

Please ensure you aren't set to GMT in your Control Panel options... times work just fine for me and nobody else has complained either...

For those who not login, time is not Canadian. i.e. your message was written Today 05:46 AM.

The bigger problem: the site is soooooooo slooooooooooowwwwwww. That really annoys

Hi Chris:

I do not have time problems at ChessTalk. Would this not show that my settings in my control panel are correct?

Bob

Default Website Time Clock - Problem?

Hi Chris:

The post above, that I just posted, shows it as being posted " Today - 2:00 AM ". I imagine the " today " refers to tomorrow, Monday, August 25. I made the post tonight, Sunday, August 24, at 10;00 pm. So the website is setting the time 4 hrs. ahead of my time. Is no one else having this problem?

Bob

Default Site Seems Way to Slow

Hi Chris:

Egis noted in an above post that this site is interminably slow. Why is this? I don't have this " wait " problem with ChessTalk.

After I clicked on the CFC Chess Forum link in my favourites list, it took 105 seconds for the site to load.
    Then I clicked on the main thread link I wanted, and it took 90 seconds for the screen to appear, and the loading bar graph at the bottom to complete and disappear.
    Then I clicked on the thread I wanted to comment on and it took 90 seconds to appear.
    When I clicked on Quick Reply though, it took only 1 second for the screen to appear.

I have been having this long delay problem on this site for a while. And it isn't my computer, since I don't have this problem on ChessTalk.

How can this be fixed Chris?

It is very discouraging, and for new visitors, we will just lose them when they get fed up and leave. I think the site as being well-used is dead unless it can be speeded up.

Are others finding the same problem of slowness that Egis and I are??

Bob

Hi Bob,

I don't have this problem.
    It could be your personal settings on this particular board.
    To check this do the following:
    1) click on "User Control Panel" menu in top left corner
    2) click on "Edit Options" in "Settings & Options" section
    3) scroll down to "Date & Time Options" section and verify your settings.

Hope this help.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default Time Setting - Problem Solved

Hi Michael:

Thanks for the very precise instructions ( I think this is what Chris was telling me to do, but I didn't know how )

Hopefully now, the time of this post will be shown correctly.

Bob

Blog Entries

Hi Bob,

I don't have this problem at all, the site is faster than Chesstalk for me actually. They are hosted by the same company. You and two other people apparently have this issue that I'm aware of so far.. unfortunately since I don't have the problem I'm not sure what I can do to fix it - it's not on the server-side of things.

Default Slow Load Problem - Seems Solved Now

Hi Chris:

I understand some others got in touch with you on this problem. Thanks to whomever did something, because the site is now as fast as ChessTalk for me. Thank the gods!

Bob

Blog Entries

Wasn't me ... sounds like it was a sympatico issue.

Default " Time You Last Visited "

Hi Chris:

I just noticed that the time shown for last visits for me is 1/2 hour behind - I visited at 9:01 AM today, and it showed my visit time as 8:31 AM. I have my time option set for EST and automatic Daylight Savings time detection.

How is this corrected?

Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast