Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CYCC Regional Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Aris,

I think, nobody is know for sure - that's why we have this discussion.
    In such circumstances, the decision of Youth Coordinator is final - please see his post:
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...16579#poststop

If somebody disagrees with the decision of Youth Coordinator, he should submit a Motion to set a different rule.

If you want to know my opinion, I agree with Valer:
    players should be strongly encouraged to play within their age group at all times and at all levels including CYCC and CYCC qualifiers. If there are special circumstances when playing up is desired, those should be treated on a case by case basis.
    But that post does not cover all of my questions. It is very possible he didn't see my list.

Default Now it make sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    http://www.fide.com/component/handbo...0&view=article

D.VI.04. World Youth (Girls) -10,12,14 Championships

D.VI.04. World Youth (Girls) -8,10,12,14 Championships

[...](GA `93) The players placed 1-3 in a previous World Youth Championship, and the champions of Continental Boys (Girls)-8, 10, 12 and 14 championships, shall have the personal right to participate in the World Youth Championship of the corresponding age-category or a higher age-category if the stipulation of Art. 2 is met. This privilege may be exercised once exclusively in the subsequent year following the year of qualification.
    [/URL]
    The player that I mentioned was WC in U16G in previous year, so the following year (still being U16G) she played in U18G section.

Thanks Mark for clarifying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    But that post does not cover all of my questions. It is very possible he didn't see my list.
    Well, Aris, what could I say?

If I were Youth Coordinator, I would answer all your questions...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McDonald View Post
    I am willing to state the rule that I will apply until over-ruled by some authority:

If someone wants to play in an age category older than the one they qualify for, they can do so.

BUT: if they win a spot in a certain age category to play at the WYCC, that is the age category that we are willing to send them to the WYCC in.

IE: if one player who is 9 years old, wishes to play in the U14 section at the CYCC, and if they win a spot to go to the WYCC, the only age category that Canada will send them to the WYCC in is the U14 section.

The same would go for girls that would like to play in the open section for their age group (or older) ... if a girl plays in the open section and wins a spot to go to the WYCC, then the only section that Canada will send them to the WYCC in is the section that they qualified in at the CYCC.

Oh, and BTW: the age categories are by Year of Birth. we will not consider someone being born on December 31 as a different section as someone born on December 30 just as we will not consider someone born on January 1 as a different section as someone born on January 2.
    We do not need to consider the month nor day of birth, only the YEAR of birth. That should make it simple for everyone.
    Hi Patrick, thanks for this, and would you be willing to reply to the more specific post :

**** Aris Marghetis "If I may suggest, we need to..." 02-13-2012, 09:48 PM.

My CYCC Qualifier is this Monday, and I would prefer to be as prepared as possible.
    If there is no further direction at this time, I will apply my alleged "common sense"

Thanks again, and best regards.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678