Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19. Suggested Items for the April Meeting

Default CFC Member Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I think that anyone who was willing to serve would probably be accepted on either committee. Conscription could lead to a constitutional crisis.
    Hi Vlad:

Ouch! My bad - conscription was a rather poor choice of words for sure!

What I'm looking for is some CFC pro-active effort to get a member volunteer. I guess I'm thinking of a post outlining what the committee mandate is, who sits on it, and when it will hold its next conference e-mailing, along with an invitation that a member committee member would add a lot to the committee.

I'm not saying it will get any response, but I think CFC needs to do this on a regular basis to show openness to new blood.

Bob A

Default Youth Program fund financial report

Maybe we could finally see Youth Program fund financial report?

We saw only some words from "special committee", but it would be much better to see plain numbers.

$5000 deficit?
    after record-breaking CYCC??

I could only say that the previous 2 years, with modest $16K CYCC contribution, we not only didn't spend more, but even managed to save some money for the future...
    and out WYCC coaches (IM and ICM) worked as volunteers, without any honorarium...

Maybe such decisions should be more transparent for the Assembly of Governors?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

I don't recall you arguing for this level of transparency when you were a member of the executive. I'm glad that you now see the value of executive decisions being transparent to the Governors.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Maybe we could finally see Youth Program fund financial report?

We saw only some words from "special committee", but it would be much better to see plain numbers.

$5000 deficit?
    after record-breaking CYCC??

I could only say that the previous 2 years, with modest $16K CYCC contribution, we not only didn't spend more, but even managed to save some money for the future...
    and out WYCC coaches (IM and ICM) worked as volunteers, without any honorarium...

Maybe such decisions should be more transparent for the Assembly of Governors?
    My apologies Michael. I had planned on an update for the meeting, but I was unable to finish it in time. Some of the cheques for the WYCC didn't get cut until the third quarter, so the numbers I had unto the end of the second quarter (Oct/2011) really didn't give a complete picture of the CYCC/WYCC 2011 cycle. Once Gerry has the third quarter statements done (Jan/2012), I will update my numbers and complete the report.

As you know, we had a very successful CYCC generating an extra surplus of 18.2k which was paid out to the players. Consequently, prize money for our champions and all team expenses had to be covered by the 20k, similar to 2010. I don't have the final numbers yet, but it should be close to break even. Again, sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    My apologies Michael. I had planned on an update for the meeting, but I was unable to finish it in time. Some of the cheques for the WYCC didn't get cut until the third quarter, so the numbers I had unto the end of the second quarter (Oct/2011) really didn't give a complete picture of the CYCC/WYCC 2011 cycle. Once Gerry has the third quarter statements done (Jan/2012), I will update my numbers and complete the report.

As you know, we had a very successful CYCC generating an extra surplus of 18.2k which was paid out to the players. Consequently, prize money for our champions and all team expenses had to be covered by the 20k, similar to 2010. I don't have the final numbers yet, but it should be close to break even. Again, sorry for the delay.
    Thank you, Bob, for information!

I was concerned about CYCC Surplus Committee Report that said:
    "The end result was the $20,000 paid to the CFC was insufficient to send all of the players, coaches and heads of delegation to Brazil and the CFC lost about $5,000 instead of building up a healthy surplus in the Youth program fund".

I would think, this statement is ... mmm ... misleading, to put it mildly.

To be honest, I have some reservations about your statement
    "As you know, we had a very successful CYCC generating an extra surplus of 18.2k which was paid out to the players" as well.
    At least, I know nothing about later part.

If it is true - what was all the fuss at the AGM about?

Hopefully, from your report it will be clear who got 18.2k of extra surplus and who got the 20k of team expenses.

Thank you again for your work!
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Governor's forum? I ask that because wouldn't most people stop coming to this forum, in the understanding that this meeting is over?

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Governor's forum? I ask that because wouldn't most people stop coming to this forum, in the understanding that this meeting is over?

Best regards.
    You make a good point, but a lot of governors don't visit the board between meetings anyways. I will endeavour to get the report finished and posted on the governors board ASAP and not wait until next meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    You make a good point, but a lot of governors don't visit the board between meetings anyways. I will endeavour to get the report finished and posted on the governors board ASAP and not wait until next meeting.
    Hmmm, maybe we have mis-communicated. I made my point because this thread was the only one left open here. I was hoping someone like yourself would reply something like : "We are closing this thread here, and moving it to the Governor forum. In fact, we are closing this meeting, so you can delete this bookmark, and just focus on the Governor forum" (and the CFC Chat forum, and ChessTalk, but I digress, lol) ... thanks!

Default Health of the President?

It has been about a week now since Michael's car accident. When I communicated with him shortly after it, he said he maybe had a mild concussion but was otherwise fine, and he expected to be back to the meeting in a few days. The meeting is still ongoing, and I just wondered if he is OK, since his return seems to have been delayed?

Bob A

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    It has been about a week now since Michael's car accident. When I communicated with him shortly after it, he said he maybe had a mild concussion but was otherwise fine, and he expected to be back to the meeting in a few days. The meeting is still ongoing, and I just wondered if he is OK, since his return seems to have been delayed?

Bob A
    Oh my goodness, I had no idea about a car accident. I hope he's OK. Does anyone know?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast